Hello my people,
How are you on this lovely Sunday?
Or Monday, dear Angela. It’s 2 a.m in New Zealand and you have to wake up in about 5 hours. Have a good Monday, my friend. Plenty of coffee!!
I haven’t done a random post in a while and I decided I would do one today, as they’re fun and everyone seems to like them. So there you go, random thoughts.
- I’m in love. No, I’m not talking about Rui. I love him too but not as much as my new iPhone. I don’t give a shit about the brand and I’m very far from an apple fan girl but the truth is that the phone actually WORKS.
I no longer have to endure 5 minutes of suffering while my new phone (which should be working fine) is having a seizure and freezing, which it was doing about every 30 minutes. I know I’m cheap but the phone was not that cheap for me. I paid about 160€ for it less than a year ago and it was a mistake.
I was finally convinced by Rui to buy an iPhone, which costs about that 3 times that amount, and it was the best thing that I’ve done in a while. It’s user-friendly and it’s fast and fluid and there are tonnes of apps for it and the camera quality is very, very good.
I’ve been cheap all my life but I’m starting to believe that, sometimes, it is worth spending a little more for a quality product. Lesson learned.
I love my iPhone. I want to write a poet for it and take long walks on the beach while watching the sunset with dear phone.
- When you’re watching a historical (real) period show or movie, do you pause every few minutes to do some research on a character on event? I do. I watch everything with Wikipedia by my side.
While I was watching The White Queen (main characters Edward III, king of England and queen Elizabeth his wife) and The White Princess (Henry VII and his wife, queen Elizabeth, daughter of King Richard and Queen Elizabeth), I would fact check often and everything seemed to be on point. There was drama, obviously, but the historical part of the shows was very accurate and well performed.
Now I have switched to The Tudors (Henry VII, son and successor of Henry VII) and it’s my impression that things are a bit more romanticized and overdone. I’ve only watched about two episodes so I might be judging it too soon, but that has been my first impression. Let’s see if I change my mind. Henry VIII was indeed much more eccentric that his father so, maybe they want to make sure viewers understand the difference.
If I’m being honest, I find the latter a bit more boring that the two previous shows that I have mentioned.
Remember my List of books to be read until the end of 2017? I’m taking a little detour and reading After You by Jojo Moyes. I loved Me Before so much and I really wanted to read the book before it becomes a movie (which it is happening), so I bought it in kindle form and am reading it on my phone. I’m enjoying it very much.
Have you read or watched the first book/film? Have you read the sequel?
Do you know the author? Have you read any of her books? I haven’t. Her choice of titles seems to draw my attention but I would like some feedback first.
Also, I must tell you I’m taking advantage of all the free kindle books on Amazon. I intend to buy a kindle or some kind of e-book reader soon but, right now, my phone will have to do.
Problem is: Even if I live to be 120, I will never have enough time to read every book I get my hands on, especially if I think about the 3000 (not exaggerating) I have collected over the years on my laptop. There’s just so much. Physical books, and e-books and audio books. Oh my.
Besides, being a virtual assistant, part of my job is getting reviews for books, which means I’m always getting new books. I love it but with each new book comes the stress of knowing I can’t get to all of them. Such is life, I guess. I’m sure about 99% of you feel just the same.
The Hunger Games:
- I don’t really know what has gotten into me because this has never happened since I was about 2 years old and was still being nursed, but I have been eating during the night. Oh yeah, I wake up, go to the bathroom and get hungry. You can find me eating yogurt at 5.30 a.m or munching on corn crackers in the darkness of my room in the middle of the night, waking up Rui who asks in a judging tone “Are you eating”? – “Nope, you’re dreaming.”
Please tell me some of you get hungry at night? My uncle has the habit of waking up in the middle of the night for milk and cookies (something he has always done) and I used to think “What the hell? I can’t even get myself to the bathroom without stumbling on about 2 walls and 3 tables, let alone be alert enough to eat”. I’m doomed. I got fat eating during the day, I don’t know what will become of me if I starting eating 24/7.
- I’ve develop a close relationship with YouTube for the past few weeks. Do you know those types of channels that draw you in and you can never be your free-self again? You know the type. The titles of the videos usually consist of something like “10 celebrities who Hollywood no longer hires” or “The most dangerous serial killers of all time”. I love watching those, I must confess.
Every time I see something that might interest me I click “watch later” and then I end up with a huge list of videos, alongside the usual mom vloggers I stalk. I hope this is temporary. Either that or special YouTube-addiction-rehab.
- I have to report my change in medication has worked wonders. I fall asleep quickly and am able to sleep for the whole night, despite the occasional bathroom visit or fridge party.
I’ve also been waking up early which is awesome because I can get so much more done. I feel happy about it. When I don’t sleep well I feel miserable for weeks and can’t get shit done, which makes me frustrated. Then I’m frustrated because I can’t sleep and because I have a ton of things to do and can’t. Finally I get frustrated because I’m getting frustrated with all of the above. Do you get the picture?
- I still don’t know how this is possible. I’ve been writing so little that I thought I would get deserted and wake up with 50 followers some of these days. It hasn’t happened and I’ve kept growing, not sure how.
My stats are no longer as good as they used to be. Probably Karma because I’m not reading anyone’s blog at the moment and they must ignore me back. I totally get it.
I should do something to celebrate. What should I do? Do suggest something, please. I’ll let you pick this time. I’m out of ideas. Another party? Another giveaway? I’ve done it all.
Wellzz, I’m off now. Must do some work and read a few blogs if I can. I miss you guys, that’s true. I’m so behind you can no longer see me, which is very sad. I guess I’ll pick a few of you each day and read your latest 30 posts I have missed. Sounds like a plan.
P.S. Dear WordPress or whatever, can you stop marking Rui’s name as a spelling mistake? It’s my man and I won’t let you treat him like that!!