Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen,
Is everyone happy and okay? I hope so.
I’m back to my normal life after yesterday’s adventures. Still not knowing what might suddenly kill me if I touch it. I’m exaggerating a bit (Am I?). I’m still staying away from oatmeal and will only try to eat it on Saturday and Sunday, when hubs is at home and can save me if I need rescue from my allergic hell. It was the weirdest situation ever. I’ve never been allergic to a single food or product, I touch detergents, cleaning stuff, plants and weeds and dirt with my bare hands and I’ve never had an issue, aside from the usual rose-bush that decides to stab me. I’ve been known to use hand cream on my face and have no issues. So, I have no idea. It was even weirder because it was all hot (literally) and heavy for about an hour and then vanished, on its own, not becoming life threatening. I thought they were going to draw blood, maybe do an allergy test and so I was thinking “please don’t be gluten” all the time. That would really complicate my life and make my grocery bill very expensive. They didn’t do shit but I have eaten gluten since which makes me think that it isn’t the culprit. Should I pay a very expensive allergy test elsewhere (that some people say it’s useless) because of an isolated event? Still deciding if it’s worth it. Now I’m on some allergy meds that make you fat because they have cortisone. Cortisone makes you retain fluids and bloat. I only have to take it for 4 days so, hopefully, I won’t gain any weight from it.
Do I have a to-do list? Sure. Whatever I was planning on doing yesterday:
- I’m going to focus on the kitchen. I haven’t washed any dishes since about Thursday or Friday, so everything is a huge mess. So, in the kitchen I should:
- Wash the enormous pile of dishes;
- Clean the microwave, wash the microwave plate;
- See what has spoiled in the fridge (and then slap me on the face because my goal for 2017 is not to waste food), clean the shelves, above the fridge, behind and under;
- Clean the shelves and everything that is on them because it gets dust;
- Clean the coffee machines;
- See if my bunch of watercress is still possible to save and make a soup;
- Take out the trash;
- Clean the table;
- Clean the counters;
- Vacuum and mop the floor;
- Make some jello;
- Cook dinner;
- Maybe bake some cupcakes? I have a new decorating kit!!
- Second point of focus in laundry. It was raining so I’m a bit behind but today the weather is good;
- I should also change my sheets;
- I would like to plant some flower seeds and do some gardening but I’m not sure I’ll have the time because Rui is coming home at 4.30 and we’re going grocery shopping and to a gardening store because I want some more seeds and some rubber gardening gloves (better safe than sorry, right?);
- When it comes to blogging, today you can expect “The Perfect Party blogging series”, featuring Elsie. It should have been up by noon but I didn’t have time to prepare it yesterday. I’m usually so organized and like to plan things ahead but, apparently, when it comes to blogging, I’m a bit more spontaneous and do things on the day they’re being published or the day before (very rare). So I’m sorry, but I’m going to publish it later.You can also expect my challenge posts from yesterday and today, which are the final ones! The month is over.
I’ll leave you with a photo dump of pictures that I took yesterday, to show you my garden, my plants and the outside of my home.
These photos were taken with my phone and have no editing. I think they look good and even pretty. I hope you like taking a look at our little yard that we love so much.
See you later.
P.S Plant people, help me with the bush!! (sorry, that sounds bad)