This is just a quick one.
Do you know what I love? Friends and food. Oh yeah.
Okay, you’re getting confused.
I don’t know if I have complained here that we got A TON of courgettes this year and we have no idea what to do with them. I usually use them for soup and that’s about it.
While living this sad, sad dilemma, I come upon the sweetest lady and blogger, Sophie, who blogs over at Foodzesty, which might just be my absolute new favorite cooking blog (I love you all but, when you fall in love, you fall in love).
She suggested this wonderful recipe Courgette Pie (Kolokythopita), that I have yet to try, but which brought me great hope on being able to use up my HUGE zucchinis, instead of trashing them.
We got chatting and I’m very confident I’ve made a new sweet, sweet friend. She’s so awesome she has just posted yet another courgette based recipe, Courgette Patties with Tzaziki Dip, which made me decide I want to marry her!! Now I have two awesome recipes to try this weekend, using the beautiful and plentiful zucchinis.
She’s even more lovely because she actually mentioned me in her post, which might have contributed to my marriage proposal.
Hello everyone, The other day I was chatting with a really sweet new blogger friend, in regards to recipes with Courgettes/Zucchinis. She mentioned that her garden is filled with Courgettes, and besides soups she really didn’t know what else to do with them. So, because I know she is a very busy bee, I am posting another recipe that I think she will enjoy, as I hope you will too. 🙂
I mean, she’s just precious.
Thank you so much for being so nice and friendly and sweet and helpful, dear Sophie.
I lit up as soon as I saw your new post. ❤
People, if you don’t know her already, you need to go over her blog. Just eat something first, otherwise you’ll get super hungry.
Meanwhile, Mr.R decided to take matters into his own hands and bake a lemon, carrot and zucchini cake. I’m anxiously waiting for it to come out. I’ll let you know.
If you like pictures of pretty vegetables and would like take a pick at our harvest, follow Mr.R’s amazing Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/masquericostomates/.
See you soon.
Hello my dear friends!!
I’m very happy and in a very good mood.
I was offered the job I really wanted and that I had recently interviewed for and I, of course, said yes. I’ll start on September 1st, which is perfect because our annual Summer vacation (time we can take together in the Summer, usually August) starts tomorrow, after Rui leaves work. We’ll be free (I mean, I’ve been for a while so he’ll be) from Monday, 31st of July (not counting this weekend because he’s free on weekends anyway) to Sunday, the 13th of August. Rui will probably go back to work on Monday, August 14th. We have no idea what we’re doing yet but we know we won’t be doing anything too crazy or spending too much money because I’m not working yet.
Tomorrow night we will go and spend the weekend at his parents house in Sertã, his hometown. It’s countryside, super hot and extremely beautiful. There are river beaches and the city pool is extremely cheap (you pay about 3€ per person for the whole day) and I just love the landscapes and high places and dense Eucalyptus and Pine tree forests.
There’s just a few issues we have no idea how to solve. Rosa, the vegetable garden and my garden and plants. We would like to stay longer than just the weekend but we have no one to watch Rosa, and to water everything. It’s very hot so things need to be watered and taken care of daily. We can obviously leave Rosa at the Pet hotel where she usually stays, but it’s kind of expensive. 15€ per day adds up quickly if she stays there for a few days. Also, I feel bad to leave her more than a couple of days because I’m afraid she will feel abandoned and get nervous or anxious or sad. It’s my baby girl, after all. If we take her, she will spend so much time inside the house because we cannot take her with us to the pool or beach. So, yeah, there are a few problems to solve before we go.
Now, more details about my job. I’m very, very excited because I’ll go back to tutoring, which is easier than full on teaching, and I’ll have 8th and 9th grade, instead of pre – college, teenage high schoolers or working adults. The fact that I’ll be working for someone else for a while instead of being responsible for a whole business is something that makes me feel calm and peaceful right now. The hours are so different and there’s only about 10% of the stress and responsibility I was dealing with before I came home. I have been known to work from 7.30 a.m to 11.30 p.m with no breaks, more than once, many times actually, and now I’ll only be dealing with 12.30 hours a week, earning a close to full-time salary. How lucky am I? God is being very good to me and I feel so blessed. This job is what I needed and prayed for and it’s the perfection way to slowly get back to work and still have tonnes of time to take care of myself and get better. Plus, I love the idea of being booked for the whole school year, because it provides stability. What else could I ask for? Oh, there’s one more thing. Most hours are in the late afternoon, which means Rui can go by when he’s coming from work and pick me up, which means less money spent on transportation. I’m over the moon.
I’m sorry I’m writing so much but I really wanted to update you on these very important things, our upcoming vacation and my new job. I’m looking forward to both. Its’s also great that I have about 15 days after our vacation for getting a few things done and organized before the school year starts.
I’m really happy, which hasn’t happen in a while.
I’m going to get off your back now. Sorry for such a long post (not that they’re usually small, but still) and I hope, from the bottom of my heart, that you’re happy and that things are going well for you right now.
I would love if you’d tell me what makes you feel blessed at the moment or, if you’re going to a tough period, what’s going on, so we can talk and pray together.
Love you guys so much.
Thank you for the constant support.
How is it going? Do tell.
I’ve been working on blogging and general computer stuff I had to do since about 9 a.m. It’s 5.24 p.m now and I’ll take a break to take care of the kitchen, unload the dishwasher and load it again, and make something for dinner. But I do have a little time to talk to you.
First of all, my interview went very well. It’s just a part-time as an English and Portuguese tutor. I will obviously make less money than I did working for myself but I like the no-stress part, at least for a while. It’s 13 hours a week and the money is actually pretty good, way better than I had expected. They’ll say something on Monday or Tuesday so I’m currently waiting for an answer.
I didn’t go to any of my exams. When we realized we had money to pay my tuition, some of them had already happened and the others were pretty soon after. I’ll have the chance to do them in September so no harm done.
I’ve been really good at eating well and drinking my water, but doing 0 when it comes to exercise. I’ve been feeling very tired, maybe from the medication or maybe because I’m cutting carbs and sugar. I’m mostly eating, fruits and vegetables, protein and very little carbs. I don’t miss them that much but my body might. But I’m really happy with my current meals, they’re healthy and balanced and I feel good.
I’m pissed because we washed our couch covers and cushions (the actual cushions, not the pillows) and they’re taking so many days to dry so we are currently without a couch. We’ve also washed a rug but that is already dry, just need to remove hairs from a certain four-legged friend of mine.
I have a psychiatrist’s appointment tomorrow and I need to go to H&M to return a pair of shoes and bring the next one. I didn’t look well enough, I guess, and brought a smaller number. So me.
I’ve moved some of my plants and they’re happy and thriving. I’m in love with them. In other news, so bastard bird or snail or whatever is eating away my sunflowers. They were looking perfect so I’m deeply sad.
We have a ton of tomatoes!! I can eat tomatoes every day until fall at every meal if I want too. There’s so many of them. And strawberries. And the cucumbers and bell peppers are coming soon as well.
So, yeah, this is all I have to tell for now. Maybe I’ll come back later.
Love you guys!
Good morning everyone!!
I hope you’re all doing well. Has your week been good so far?
I’ve come to the realization that this health journey hasn’t been healthy at all. I’ve been doing this for months and I’m actually worse. Why? Because I’m not focused and that has to change. I need to take action or things will never get better.
That being said, my main priorities for today are:
- Drink 2 l of water;
- Eat well – protein, 5 portions of fruits and veggies, avoid sugar and cut carbs to about 1/3 of what you use to eat;
- Take your meds on time;
- Take your multivitamin;
- Walk 1000 steps, at least. I’ve downloaded a pedometer and that is the first goal, just 1000. I plan on walking around my neighborhood until I reach my goal;
- 10 minutes of guided meditation;
- 30 minutes of reading;
- 30 minutes of adult coloring;
- 20 minutes of yoga;
- 20 minutes of listening to music;
And my tasks – non priorities, are:
- I really need to do some gardening. There are weeds to pull out, seeds to plant and plants that need to be trimmed (can I say that for plants?). I need to give them some fertilizer and water them. The garden also needs to be swiped a washed down with the hose and some bleach where Rosa usually poops;
- I need to do a few loads of laundry; And put them away immediately, before they pile up;
- I really need to find a way to trick Rosa into giving her parasite medicine and cleaning her ears and teeth. I bet I won’t, she’s sneaky.
- Empty Betty and fill her up again;
- Clean all floors;
- Read and comment blogs;
What else can you expect today?
- My Perfect Party Series on Gracie from A Light In The Darkness;
- 2 posts on Instagram;
- 2 posts on twitter;
- 1 post on Facebook;
- My “What’s Up Wednesday” post (didn’t happen last week);
- A poll!! I have 4 pairs of shows I was thinking on giving away. I’m not so sure now. You guys will help me decide if I keep them or donate them;
- An update tonight;
And that’s all.
- What is up with your Wednesday?
- What are your priorities for today?
Thank you so much for reading.
Have a wonderful day.
❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
Good morning everyone,
As you can probably tell by the title, I’ve been drinking way too many frappucinos. They’re so fresh and easy to make and yummy and I love them. Plus, since they’re homemade, their actual really cheap. I just need my Vienna Cappuccino powder, some milk and ice. They’re delicious and I’m in love but I need to control myself because the obviously have added sugar which is not good for me at all.
I’ve been drinking tonnes of water, which is good. I always aim for 1.5 l/2 l and I’ve been getting at least 1.5 l. Plus the frappuccinos, which are basically milk, I think I’ve been doing well in the liquids departments.
We’re also drinking lemonade with different flavors (we have a lemon tree) by making the lemonade and adding some Tang powder. It’s really refreshing.
Rui has made some tea with honey the other day and it’s also really good with ice.
Now you know everything about my Summer drinks. What is yours?
I would really like to study for a few hours today and make it my priority, but it’s quite hard to focus right now, to be honest. The medication doesn’t help at all. My memory and focus have given up on me. But I must try 🙂
I though I would study for the first part of the day and then leave my chores to be done closer to dinner time, at about 5 p.m. If I get to my chores first, then they drag and I don’t study, so I’ll try doing it the other way around.
This is my to-do list:
- Finish folding all of the laundry and putting it away;
- Do some gardening, focus on watering and maybe planting some new seeds. I have a few empty pots and beds;
- Make dinner;
- Read at least 30 pages from the book I’m trying to finish;
- Take out the recycling;
And I won’t make any more plans, because I really want to try to focus on studying.
What are your plans for today?
Thank you for reading!
Hugs and kisses.
How are you? Did you have a nice day?
I did have a good one but I feel a little tired.
Also I’ve just burned a batch of brownies so…
Let me tell you, I don’t know what’s happening today but I’m having my second best day in terms of views ever. I’m at 731 right now. My best number was 863 on March 20, 2017. Come on guys, keep reading, I want to go over that lol
Let’s check my to-do list:
- Priority one: Gardening. I want to plant the seeds I’ve bought yesterday, water the garden and plants, pick up Rosa’s poop and wash her “bathroom area” with bleach, pick up a big bunch of weeds, branches, leaves and pine needles and transport them from the garden to the vegetable garden. So they can be turned into fertilizer? I think that’s why Mr. told me to take them there. I’ve also offered to do some weeding in the veggie garden and now I have to do it, otherwise Rui wins. Lord help me. It must be hot and I’m lazy. – Did all of the above but didn’t do any weeding in the veggie garden. Was gardening for 2 hours but didn’t finish planting all my seeds. I plan to finish on Friday.
- Priority two: Damn kitchen. Today IS the day I cleanup the whole thing. Kill me if I don’t, please. I hate it when I plan on doing something and then just procrastinate for one reason or the other. Makes me feel stupid because I write it down and then don’t do it, even if no one is going to read it. – I washed a bunch of dishes, cleaned the fridge, clean some shelves, cleaned the coffee machines but am not finished. Still need to cleanup the table, microwave, coffee station, floor and stove.
- Priority three: Laundry. I need to get it from the clothesline, fold it and put it away before I lose control of it. – Still in the line. Shit.
- Make some Jello. And it’s fresh and yummy. – Done.
- Change my sheets. Mr. R came to bed last night before I could do it. – Will do before bed.
- Drink my 1.5 l of water. – Not even close.
- Do my yoga. – I’m too sore from the gardening, I’ll skip it.
- Write a few postcards. – Didn’t get to it.
Tomorrow there won’t be a health for days journey post. I will leave home early to go to my driving school and finish my enrollment and then to spend time with parents and sister, so I won’t be writing until the evening. I also have a psychiatrist’s appointment at 4.30 p.m, so I’ll have that to attend.
I might take a chance to take a few photos for you, around Lisbon and with my family. Would you like that? I might get some nice ones. My phone has a nice camera and I’m trying to be more careful with angles and light and such. Still not editing but paying more attention to how it might look. Living and learning, right?
I’ll have an update of my day for you tomorrow night. I might turn it into a day in the life post, if I’m feeling adventurous. It’s so great that my step-dad has a day off so we can be together, the 4 of us. My sister has to work at 5 p.m and I have my appointment at 4.30 p.m but we’ll have fun before that.
You’ll have my “Perfect Party Series #4” starring Dippy-Dotty girl.
Thank you so much for reading!
Have a good night/day!
Good morning everyone,
It’s 10.46 a.m here and I’ve been up since 8ish.
I’ve had my coffee, more specifically my Vienna cappuccino. I haven’t had breakfast yet, because I have no idea what to eat. I miss my oatmeal. Do you think she misses me too?
I’ve written a post to go up soon, the third in my Perfect Party Series.
Now and until about lunch time, I’ll be answering comments and reading your posts. I’m late with both, as usual.
Earlier today I have announced my Giveaway Winner, Mis. Cherylene Nicholas. I adore her and I’m so happy for her. I adore everyone who participated but the choice was randomly made by the site, which is good and fair.
And here’s my to-do list for today:
- Priority one: Gardening. I want to plant the seeds I’ve bought yesterday, water the garden and plants, pick up Rosa’s poop and wash her “bathroom area” with bleach, pick up a big bunch of weeds, branches, leaves and pine needles and transport them from the garden to the vegetable garden. So they can be turned into fertilizer? I think that’s why Mr. told me to take them there. I’ve also offered to do some weeding in the veggie garden and now I have to do it, otherwise Rui wins. Lord help me. It must be hot and I’m lazy.
- Priority two: Damn kitchen. Today IS the day I cleanup the whole thing. Kill me if I don’t, please. I hate it when I plan on doing something and then just procrastinate for one reason or the other. Makes me feel stupid because I write it down and then don’t do it, even if no one is going to read it.
- Priority three: Laundry. I need to get it from the clothesline, fold it and put it away before I lose control of it.
- Make some Jello. And it’s fresh and yummy.
- Change my sheets. Mr. R came to bed last night before I could do it.
- Drink my 1.5 l of water.
- Do my yoga.
- Write a few postcards.
And I’m not going to commit to anything else. Later today (or tonight) I’ll be publishing my May recap and plans for April post.
Now, it’s time for:
What’s Up Wednesday
What we’re eating this week:
What I’m reminiscing about:
The fact that another month has gone by. Just generally thinking about this time last years and thinking about May in general.
What I’m loving:
Still loving gardening and my plants. I love doing it and can’t wait to go and plant more seeds today. And baking. I bought a new cake decoration kit (I’ll show it tonight) and a few coloring decorations and I can’t wait to test them.
What we’ve been up to:
Fighting over a cat. I want to adopt a 2-month-old blue-eyed beautiful kitten and Mr. R doesn’t so… I’ll obviously lose. He has his reasons, of course. But I’m sad. I really wanted another family member, my biological clock would welcome her with open arms and she’s just so cute and would make me feel happier and more complete. But you win some and lose some, right. I was going to call her Flora, by the way.
What I’m dreading:
Cleaning the f****** kitchen. And studying for my German exam, still. Exam season in general is making me nervous. I have to go through 8 and I should have started studying a while ago. But that’s okay, I can find plenty of free time.
What I’m working on:
My garden and plants, sending postcards/letters and finishing my June studying schedule.
What I’m excited about:
Spending the 1st of June (Children’s day) with my mother and stepfather and expecting a gift. (Sister, you’re reading this. Tell mom I want a gift. She knows but just keep telling her so she won’t forget).
What I’m watching/reading:
I’m not reading the 100 books I have started and haven’t finished. I’m reading blog posts. I’m watching YouTube videos, Orange Is The New Black, Big Little Lies and looking for something else. WTF is Twin Peaks?
What I’m listening to:
Nothing much. Still La La Land soundtrack and our song that won Eurovision sometimes.
What I’m wearing:
Shoot. Right now? A blue sweater and panties because I’m in bed. Sorry, not decent.
What I’m doing this weekend:
Catching up on doing nothing.
What I’m looking forward to the next month:
Same as last week. But also I’m looking forward to know exam dates and to studying.
What else is new:
I might take a nap now. Nothing is new.
Who wants to join me? What’s up with your Wednesday?
Just link back to me so I can read your answers to the questions. Would love to have some company!!
P.S. Why do I keep getting followed by companies or businesses? What do they get from reading a personal blog? It seems like I get some every day. No idea why.
See you later? xx
Good evening friends,
I’m kind of sad and a bit surprised about something. Someone has stopped reading my blog because of my cursing. I didn’t think it was that bad.
Remember my survey from a few days ago? When I asked “Do you think I curse too much? Should I use less explicit language and topics?” someone answered:
“Yes, please. I actually stopped reading your posts because of the language and words. I don’t want to read those words and don’t enjoy seeing them.”
Well, I guess I asked, right?
I didn’t realize I was offending someone. That is never my intention. I write spontaneously as if I was talking. Do you want me to lie to you and pretend like I’m such a lady who doesn’t say any bad words in real life? That’s not me. I’m imperfect. I’m just a human being. I’m no lady, I’m even a sinner. But I’m honest, you see the real me and I don’t lie to my readers or sugarcoat things at all. I think everyone is entitled to stop reading if the content is offensive in any way but I would just like someone to be honest and tell me openly that they don’t like it, instead of using an anonymous survey. I would never do that to someone. I surely didn’t like to know something like this through a survey. Maybe, if they had said “yes, it’s a bit too much” I would be fine, but to know they have stopped reading? It makes me a little sad. What if more people feel the same? I ask all of you, please tell me. Are you bothered by my use of words such as “fuck”, “shit”, “bitch”, etc? Are going to stop reading anytime soon because of it? Do you think I talk about my private life too much? I mean, I do talk about epilation and gynaecologist appointments and whatever, but it’s my life. What can I do?
Anyway, I’m not sure I should change my ways because of a reader. Maybe not even because of 20 readers, if that were the case. This is my blog. Should I contain myself while writing on my personal blog? I don’t think so but maybe I’m wrong.
I’m sorry about the rant guys, you know I just talk about anything and everything.
Now, onto my to-do list: (Don’t expect anything too great)
- I’m going to focus on the kitchen. I haven’t washed any dishes since about Thursday or Friday, so everything is a huge mess. So, in the kitchen I should:
- Wash the enormous pile of dishes; – Done;
- Clean the microwave, wash the microwave plate; – Nope;
- See what has spoiled in the fridge (and then slap me on the face because my goal for 2017 is not to waste food), clean the shelves, above the fridge, behind and under; – Took out a few spoiled foods (shame on me) but didn’t clean the fridge at all;
- Clean the shelves and everything that is on them because it gets dust; – Nope;
- Clean the coffee machines; – Nope;
- See if my bunch of watercress is still possible to save and make a soup; – Watercress = dead (super shame on me)
- Take out the trash; – Rui did;
- Clean the table; – Half done;
- Clean the counters; – Nope;
- Vacuum and mop the floor; – Nope;
- Make some jello; – Nope;
- Cook dinner; – Done;
- Maybe bake some cupcakes? I have a new decorating kit!! – Nope;
- Second point of focus in laundry. It was raining so I’m a bit behind but today the weather is good; – Washed 3 loads, one is dry, two are drying;
- I should also change my sheets; – Will do before bed. It takes 5 minutes;
- I would like to plant some flower seeds and do some gardening but I’m not sure I’ll have the time because Rui is coming home at 4.30 and we’re going grocery shopping and to a gardening store because I want some more seeds and some rubber gardening gloves (better safe than sorry, right?); – Didn’t have time to do any gardening but found a cute pair of gloves, some garden scissors, 2 plants that need saving and a few more seeds.
- When it comes to blogging, today you can expect “The Perfect Party blogging series”, featuring Elsie. (Done). It should have been up by noon but I didn’t have time to prepare it yesterday. I’m usually so organized and like to plan things ahead but, apparently, when it comes to blogging, I’m a bit more spontaneous and do things on the day they’re being published or the day before (very rare). So I’m sorry, but I’m going to publish it later.You can also expect my challenge posts from yesterday and today, which are the final ones! The month is over. (Will be publishing soon).
Now, about my Giveaway. There are only 5 hours left until it’s closed and I announce the winner. Here’s the link if you want to try your luck: a Rafflecopter giveaway
Remember I’m offering a purchase from a store of your choice, up to 25€!!
About my “Perfect Party Series”, I want to give you the dates for each person I will be featuring. Not all of them have emailed me yet, so I’ll tell you about the ones that already have a set date, in the order I’ve received the emails:
Thursday: Dippy-Dotty Girl
Monday, June 5: Ella
Tuesday, June 6: Janey
Wednesday, June 7: Lee
Thursday, June 8: Wonderwall (The super winner) (You’ve told me your name in your description, can I say your first name?)
Friday, June 9: Cherylene
Monday, June 12: Anni
Tuesday, June 13: Amelia
Wednesday, June 14: Friederike
Thursday, June 15: Nina
Friday, June 16: Thegeckoonline
Monday, June 19: Adila
Tuesday, June 20: Gracie
Wednesday, June 21: Life as easy as
Still waiting for a few people to email me!
That’s it for now.