Hey there dear friends,
Is it me or a bunch of people are taking a break from blogging?
Maybe because it’s Summer? Or because everyone is a little tired?
I told you I would come back today with part II of my list of things I need to take care of before September. Yesterday was School and Work (Academics in general too) and today I’ll talk about personal and health related tasks. Some of them I’ve been putting off for a long time, you’ll be surprised to know I haven’t done some things I’ve been talking about for the last six months yet. Welcome to my procrastination side.
My to-do list – From August 16th to August 31st:
Personal and health
- I need to get on a sleep schedule. Right now my sleep is all over the place. I might sleep for 12 hours, if no one is there to wake me up. What are alarms for? Well, they’re useless if I can’t hear them at all and sleep through them. I need my sleep, I’m not one of those people who is happy and satisfied with 6-7 hours. I’ve done that and I can’t function properly. I need to be in bed with enough time to sleep 8-9 hours. I know that is too much for an adult, but it’s what I need. I might not sleep the 8 or 9 hours, but I need to be in bed for that long. I need to talk to my doctor and find a way to fall asleep faster, when I get to bed. I takes me 3 hours, sometimes. Other times, I need to get up and take an extra pill (prescribed by her, of course) or I can’t sleep at all. Problem is, the emergency pill is powerful. I take it at about 4 a.m if I’m not asleep by then, and then I sleep till 2 p.m, which is very bad. My doctor and I need to find a good balance and cocktail of pills so I can get in a good, healthy sleep routine.
- Schedule a dental appointment. I haven’t been to the dentist for about 3 years? Shame on me, I know.
- You know that gynaecology appointment I’ve been talking about since I’ve started the blog? It hasn’t happen yet. I REALLY need to take care of that as soon as possible.
- I need to go and do my blood tests and then schedule and appointment to show the results to my doctor.
- Schedule an appointment to check on my back.
- Find a meal plan that works for me. I need to eat every meal at the same time.
- Make sure my clothes and shoes are ready and in good condition for work. Also, make sure they’re in the right place and organized. Look at my fall wardrobe (Although it only starts on September 21st) and see what’s good and what I need to buy. Go to a thrift store for whatever I need. They’re great for sweaters and cardigans.
- Let my nails look half-decent. Which means stop biting them. Very hard.
- Create a beauty routine schedule, example: Monday – hair mask; Saturday – shave legs;
- Finish the two books I’m reading now and create and TBR list for the next few months.
- Go and spend one afternoon with my grandmother.
- Take my sister to the beach.
- Maybe get my eyes checked.
- Choose a back pain yoga video to alternate with my yoga for relaxation video.
Well, I think that is mostly it. Meaning, I need to organize my things before I go back to work, so I won’t struggle with stress and over doing.
What’s something personal or health related you should have been taken care by now but are procrastinating?
See you tomorrow for part III.