How are you? I hope you’re all doing very well.
I’ve been MIA, haven’t I? I know. I have been lazy and doing other lazy things instead.
My monthly update is long due, since I always do one. I’m going to do a simple one and just tell you what I’ve accomplished and where I didn’t do as I had plan. I’m fine with everything, though. Whatever got done, very well. Whatever I didn’t get to, I will, when I feel like it.
- I have obviously completely ignored my cleaning challenge, for the second month in a row. I still mean to do it during the second half of this month, because I want to deep clean the house before I go back to work. I do it every Summer and sometimes Spring so I need to get to it.
- I’m still doing my movie challenge. Not watching one every day, but picking movies from the list to watch, instead of going for others. I mean to finish this list by the end of the month and creating another one from September to the end of the year.
My movie list:
Day 1: The Godfather
Day 2: The Godfather: Part II
Day 3: Casablanca Day 4: Memento
Day 5: Sunset Boulevard
Day 6: Requiem for a Dream (I’ve started this one but gave up. It was late and it was confusing. I’ll obviously get back to it)
Day 7: Before Sunrise (Already waiting on my computer so it will probably be the next one to watch)
Day 8: Lion
Day 9: Les Miserables
Day 10: Babel
Day 11: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Day 12: Munich
Day 13: The Aviator
Day 14: Pulp Fiction
Day 15: Suicide Squad
Day 16: Inception
Day 17: It
Day 18: It’s a Wonderful Life
Day 19: Selma
Day 20: Apocalypse Now
Day 21: Cinema Paradiso
Day 22: To Kill a Mockingbird
Day 23: Rebecca
Day 24: Winter’s Bone
Day 25: Hotel Rwanda
Day 26: Mystic River
Day 27: Chicago
Day 28: Beauty and the Beast (Waiting on my computer)
Day 29: The Zookeeper’s Wife
Day 30: The Shack
I still have many to get through but I don’t mind at all.
I’ve been watching series, which is probably the reason why I haven’t been watching that many films.
- Poldark (season 3)
- Married at First Sight (don’t ask)
- Upstairs, Downstairs (already in season 2)
- Game of thrones (Season 7)
I’m waiting for, in the fall:
- The Crown
- The Walking Dead
- American Horror Story
- Stranger Things
- Call the Midwife
I’ve been also watching documentaries and a bunch of YouTube videos, both from my favorite YouTubers and fact and educational videos, which I love.
As for my blog, I have been neglecting it for a long time, not following any schedule, not posting regularly and ignoring most of my series.
I still mean to record and post the bipolar/depression/anxiety videos I was supposed to have done in July.
Here’s the list:
- “When did it all start”
- “The moment I realized I needed help”
- “First diagnosis and treatment”
- “From doctor to doctor”
- “What do depression and anxiety feel like”
- “Relapses and acceptance”
- “Bipolar Type 2 – misconceptions”
I think I might leave these for September. I might record them during this month, so I have enough time to have everything ready and in order. I’ll probably publish them every Saturday and Sunday in September. I’ll let you know.
- I have completely been ignoring my meal plan and grocery haul posts, which everyone seems to really like. I’ll get back to them as soon as things as back to normal, when it comes to blogging.
- I’m not sure when I’ll go back to my daily journey and to-do list posts because I’m technically on vacation until August 16th, which means Rui is home and I don’t go about my normal routine, obviously.
- I’ll do a What’s Up Wednesday post on the 9th and on the 23rd, only twice this month.
- I’m still deciding what I’ll do about the huge list of tags and awards I’m nominated for.
My main goals in terms of blogging and social media were:
- I would like to get to 16,000 views. – Obviously didn’t.
- I also like to get to get to 1,600 followers. I’m at 1,402, at the moment. – I’m at 1,820
- 300 followers on Instagram would be nice. I’m currently at 272. (I would also be nice if people stopped following and then unfollowing, it happens every day and it makes me really pissed) – Currently at 310 but, with Instagram, you never know.
- I would like to get to 250 twitter followers. Currently at 189. – I have new people following me every day but, apparently, I have a big number unfollowing too, since I’m still at 200.
- I’m at 134 followers on Pinterest. I’d be happy to get to 150. I’ve been slacking on Pinterest, which is sad, because I love it so much. Let the pining begin. – I’m at 145.
- It would be nice to post (each day) twice on Instagram, Twice on Twitter, Once on Facebook. – I haven’t.
- I want to make more blogger friends and meet new people. – I have!
- I want to help newer bloggers. – Sorry, haven’t been there for anyone this month.
- I’m starting to consider and research on self-hosted, but I won’t do it before I reach, at least, 2000 followers. I feel like there’s a right time for everything and this would be the right time for me. I need a solid audience and it doesn’t make sense to me to go self-hosted before a certain number. – I’m not going self-hosted anytime soon. I still don’t see the point, for me.
My Personal Goals: Health
- 2 l of water every single day. Be very careful not to forget to drink it on weekends. – I drink plenty of water. Not sure about 2 liters though, simply because I haven’t been paying attention.
- A daily walk of at least 30 minutes. – hahahahahaha
- My daily 20 minutes of yoga (It feels amazing). – I love it so I have no idea why I’m so lazy about it.
- My 5 portions of fruits and veggies. – Oh yes!!
- Eat my seeds every single day. – Yeah!!
- Take my pills on time: that would be 10 a.m, 8 a.m, 10 p.m. – I’m supposed to take them breakfast and before bed. I’ve been doing well by taking them every single day and always on time at night, but not at the same time in the morning.
- Have my meals and snacks on time: 10 a.m, 1 p.m, 4 p.m, 7 p.m, 10 p.m. – Not at all.
- Cut dairy, except a tiny bit of milk for my oatmeal and plain Greek yogurt. – I have. I’ve been eating only cottage cheese, milk sometimes and tonnes of plain Greek Yogurt.
- Cut carbs. No carbs for dinner. Only for breakfast and lunch. Small amount. – I have cut carbs. I have just a small portion each day, unless I’m cheating and eating a whole box of cereal.
- Actually lose weight. I’d be happy with 4 kg to keep it healthy. Because I’m way too heavy for my height weight and structure, I might be able to lose more than that. I gain fast but lose fast also. – People keep telling me I look thinner but I haven’t noticed.
- Sleep no more than 9 hours. – It’s almost impossible. Medication makes me really tired.
- Take care of my skin, hair and nails. – I’ve cut my hair shorter because it needed and started using natural soap instead of body wash. Not so bad.
- Spend time outside every day. – Almost.
My Personal Goals: Entertainment and relaxation goals
- Read at least 30 minutes a day. – No.
- Listen to music at least 30 minutes a day. – I’ve done more than 30 minutes. I’ve been listening so much relaxation music. Every single day, sometimes for more than one hour. I’m very happy about it.
- Do some gardening every day. – I pretty much just water. It’s been too windy and I’m scared of getting a bad sinus crisis because of my ears.
- Crochet for at least 15 minutes a day. – Haven’t touched it.
- Color for at least 30 minutes a day. – Haven’t touched it.
- Call and see people more often. – I think I can say yes. I have been talking to my friends often and I think I can say I have a new group of awesome best friends. We’ve talked every day and we’re getting closer and bonding 🙂 Love you, ladies.
- Read blogs. – Failing miserably.
- Watch YouTube videos. – Yes, every day.
- Play with Rosa outside. – Well, she’s pretty much napping all the time, the little lazy girl so not much play. She wants to play at night, when we’re relaxing on the couch. Crazy bitch.
I guess I can say I’m doing better in general. Maybe because I’ve been resting and relaxing and watching nice movies and series and taking time to do what I really want to do. The house is a mess but I’ll get back to my domestic efforts soon. For now, I’m still on relaxation mode.
I’ll come back tomorrow with my plans for the second half of August. I’m not making many plans for the next two weeks, other than being with mah man and relaxing.
Thank you so much for reading and for always being there.
Love you all and always.