Warning: Really long post ahead. Kind of worth reading
I started this blog on January 24, 2017.
I cannot believe I have been doing this for 4 months. I never thought I would go on after a few days because this was not my first blog (nor the second or third) and, with all of them, I had gotten bored after a few days. I guess the timing was right this time. I’m still here, writing almost every day and loving every minute of it.
I was looking for a post on my 3-month anniversary but I couldn’t find one. Did I forget to do one? Was I too busy? Am I too blind to find it? Probably. I would like to compare my numbers but I guess I can’t. Not for showing off. Never. I do this to show you the growth of my blog, to be honest and open and out there. Maybe I can inspire you in any way? Maybe you’re super nosy like me and like to read this type of post? I also do it for myself, as a way of keeping track of things. You know I write everything down. I love to go back to it and analyse. Since I don’t have a post to report the changes in one month and I don’t want to go back and do the math, I’ll give the numbers from the beginning, showing you what I have managed (or been lucky enough) to accomplish in the last 4 months.
Pink for days in numbers: January 24, 2017 – May 24, 2017
Email followers: 6
Facebook: (I have no idea? It only gives you a monthly overview. I think)
Overall, I think things have been going well and that my blog has been somewhat successful. There are a few things I would like to improve and I’ll give you a list of those as well, because you know I have no intention of only showing the good parts.
Pink for days improvement list:
- Turn followers into readers. Yes, many of you have told me not to bother about the fact that I have so many followers but only about 300 or so readers. But it does bother me. I have worked in a clothing store and they would talk about conversion a lot. Converting a client into a buyer. I want to convert a follower into an active reader.
- Be more consistent, just a little: You’ll never tame my posting urges, that’s for sure. Nor will you stop me from cursing, being the #queenofTMI or saying whatever I want. But I could be a little more organized. Maybe have a scheduled hour for my Health for days journey post and for the evening update? Maybe 10 a.m and 10 p.m? That’s an idea. I also know that I’ll have the Guest Post Sunday going but maybe I should have a scheduled hour for it to be posted? I need to start and be consistent with my Wednesday Meal Plan and Recipe Share which I haven’t even started yet.
- Include my own photos and take better ones: I won’t stop posting stock photos anytime soon. They’re easy to find, professional looking and clean while mine are shit. I will, however, try to take more and better photos to share along with my posts.
- Be more active on social media: I’m SO bad at this. I don’t understand Facebook at all. How can it help my blog? I have tried to join a few Facebook groups a few months ago but I got nothing from them. They are confusing and the bloggers there just seem too professional for my taste (I feel like a peasant) and I get bothered by the constant notifications. I like to tweet but I’m not very good at it either. I would like to use Pinterest more, as I have been ignoring it a bit and I would like to be better at commenting and liking your Instagram photos but honestly, most of the time I don’t even see them. I would like to be better and more present. I will work on this as soon as I can. I will probably be using Buffer to schedule social media posts. Does anyone have tips? I’m pretty useless and ignorant when it comes to social media.
- Be a better follower and reader: This is absolutely crucial to me. I want to be up to date with your posts and contribute with good, flattering and constructive comments but, sometimes, all I have time for is “I love this post, great work”. I’m sorry about that. I DO read your posts, but I either don’t have to comment on everyone’s articles and just like them (which breaks my heart) or I just leave a quick comment and feel stupid. I’ll promise I’ll try to get better.
Now, as this is also a health for days journey post, I will share my to-do list for today, as I usually do:
(left from yesterday, aka shame on you bitch)
- Catch up on my blogging challenge posts;
- Make a new schedule for June (need some intensive studying);
- Clean the kitchen: Put away dry dishes, wash dishes, clean fridge (it’s so full of things, I really need to make an inventory and meal plan), clean shelves, table and floor;
- Make my bed, air the bedroom and water bedroom plants;
- Laundry (I’m on it. The weather is perfect)
- Take my supplements;
- Drink 1,5 l of water (MANDATORY) – If this is not done you will die!!!
- Do 20 minutes of yoga (MANDATORY) – also life threatening when not done!!
- Try Azra‘s tip of mixing my conditioner and my mask and leave them on my hair for 2 hours before washing;
- Do some gardening;
- Read blogs;
- Take care of house plants (dry leaves, water, clean, etc.);
- Put laundry away;
- Tidy up living-room;
- Meal plan;
- Cook dinner;
Now, something new. Hannah from https://sassygirljourney.wordpress.com/ did this post a few weeks ago and today I thought it was really cool, so I shall do it today, linking up to her lovely blog.
What’s Up Wednesday
What we’re eating this week:
I’ll tell you what I’m making this week (Wednesday to Wednesday) later, with detail but I’m thinking some vegetable soup, some roasted chicken, lots of vegetables, some eggs and whatever I have on the fridge that needs to be eaten before it spoils.
What I’m reminiscing about:
Preparing students for their college admission exams. I miss talking about Camões and Fernando Pessoa for 6 hours every day. I’m not weird at all.
What I’m loving:
OMG! Plants! I’m officially crazy plant lady. We went to the store last night and they were having a sale on plants. One of them looked super sad and about to die and I had to rescue her. She’s now happily catching some sun, after much a much-needed drink of water. And then I saw one that was looking super healthy and beautiful and about to sprout some flowers. I have no idea what they look like and I was intrigued so I bought her for just a little over 1€.
What we’ve been up to:
The usual. Rui works and takes care of his veggie garden and blog. I do whatever around the house and garden and blog and we eat pizza and do stuff together. Oh and we bicker. Usually about very important stuff. Not.
What I’m dreading:
Preparing for my German exam. It’s the only exam I fear.
What I’m working on:
My health, a good studying schedule for June, my garden and plants, the house.
What I’m excited about:
Summer and going to the beach!! We live 10 minutes away. Last Summer I was so sick I could not go to the beach because I was ashamed of being fat. I’m still to fat but I don’t care at all and will rock my sexy one piece, big boobs and cellulite.
What I’m watching/reading:
I’m half way through about 4 books. What a shame. I need to start reading. The second Harry Potter book is one of them. I’m watching a certain show… which the 5 episodes were accidentally leaked… cough, yes I’m a pirate. I’ve started Big Little Lies, I’m shamefully watching Married at First Sight. I’m accidentally watching American Ninja Worrier and Ink Master because the mister likes it. We watch Portuguese Kitchen Nightmares together and yesterday we watched The Girl On The Train. We liked it.
What I’m listening to:
To be honest, I forget music exists. But when I listen I’m down with the La La Land soundtrack.
What I’m wearing: (sexy question, huh?)
Dark blue work out leggings with a pink and light blue strike from top to bottom, turquoise old t-shirt that used to belong to Rui. Classy and fashionable.
What I’m doing this weekend:
Rui is going to a wedding and I’m seeing my best friend Catarina who is here from Austria. I’m so excited!!
What I’m looking forward to the next month:
Studying for exams and my mom and grandmother’s birthday. Also, it’s International Children’s Day and my mom gives us a present. Yes, we’re 21 and 25. We’re still her babes.
What else is new:
I have to go pee.
Would you like to join me for this? Just tag me so I can read it!! What’s up??
P.S Sorry but you will have to endure my 3 late blogging challenge posts today;
P.S.S I’m leaving all my late award posts to do in June;
P.S.S I will be announcing the winner party goers tomorrow!!
That’s all… for now (threatening voice)