Hey there lovely people,
I’m so dumb I forgot my 5 month blog anniversary on the 24th. My poor blog. Mama forgot to celebrate with a nice post. Anyway, I’ll tell you this blog as given me this past 5 months:
- A community and a support system I never imagined having.
- New and true friends. I have amazing best friends and I would not change them for the world but it’s nice to have more friends. I haven’t had this many since I was in middle school. I miss those too, actually.
- A way for my family and friends to know everything that is going on. I know I don’t seem shy or to keep things for myself but I do. My friends and family (apart from Rui) don’t have it easy when it comes to make me talk. I’ve had so many complains over this, as I’m not one to call and complain or to text and ask for support. This way, they know everything, because it’s easier to write about and then, when we see each other, I don’t feel so bad talking about it because they already now and we can just comment on it, instead of my poor friends trying to make me talk and getting nothing.
Dear friends, I’m sorry I push you away. I need you so bad and so many times, I just don’t know how to reach out and ask for support. I also don’t want to keep talking about my mental health because I don’t want to be the negative and boring one and don’t want to burden you. (This is meant for Rita, Catarina, Catarina, Rita, Alison, Patrícia, my sister and Ricardo). I just love you so much guys.
- It has given me the confidence I’ve never had. Maybe because I feel like I have a big support system, I’m not afraid to be out there. I write about my personal life, good or bad, without fear, I can take pictures of myself (I hated this before), I can be in front of a camera, I can wear a bathing suit and don’t give a damn about what people are thinking about my weight, my cellulite, my stretch marks, my jello thighs. I know I’m the heaviest I have been but I don’t really care. I used to be so afraid to run into an old boyfriend, an old friend, a former teacher or neighbor and that they would see how different I look. I’m not afraid anymore. I’m sick, I’ve been sick for years, my depression and medication make me gain weight. Not saying that I couldn’t do much or do better, but it’s hard in my condition. The bottom line is: I know how I look and I embrace it.
- I’ve lost my fear of social media. In fact, I’m closing down my personal Facebook and Instagram and mixing my real friends with my blogging friends. No time to focus on two Facebook accounts and two Instagram accounts. And since I have nothing to hide and no issues with people I know from real life reading my blog, all is well.
- I’ve had the chance to talk to people from all over the world, learn about things I knew nothing about, different countries, religions, weathers, the whole thing.
- I’ve won a book in a giveaway and I loved it.
- I’ve met people who are going through what I’m going through and that can understand and talk about our issues freely.
- I’ve become interested in learning more about photography because I suck.
- I can write again after about 7 years of writer’s block.
- To summarize, this blog has filled a whole that had been with me for a long time and given me so many things I didn’t know I needed.
Now, because I’m open and like to analyze, we’ll talk about numbers
Since I started: (24th of January, 2017)
Average views per day: 328
From May 24th to June 26th:
Posts: – May 24th: 240
– June 26th: 338
= 98 posts in this period
Views: – May 24th: 35,588
– June 26th: 49,775
= 14,187 new views in this period
Followers: – May 24th: 1,054
– June 26th: 1365
= 311 new followers in this period
Views in May: 13,337
(the month is not over but I know I’m not going to meet my goal of 15,000 views in 5 days. That’s what you get from slacking)
Facebook – 97 friends, just because I’m merging my personal account with my blog account. I’m keeping only my blog account.
Instagram – 224 followers ( +32, not much. I’ve only started to post something every day and pay more attention to Instagram a few days or weeks ago)
Twitter – 195 followers ( +11, again, not good enough)
Bloglovin – 57 ( -1 hahahaha this one made me laugh. I didn’t grow at all and someone was sick of me lol)
Pinterest – 131 ( +7, nothing impressive at all)
Now, let us see if I’ve met any of my blogging goals for this period:
- Turn followers into readers. Nope, I still have no idea how to do that. Why do people follow and not read and how do I encourage them to read? Does someone have any good tips?
- Be more consistent, just a little. I don’t think I have accomplished this, at all.
- Include my own photos and take better ones. Well, I’ve been including more photos, but don’t think they are better or even good. I really need to work on my photo taking skill, which are non-existent.
- Be more active on social media. I’ve been trying but only for the past few days/weeks. Not trying hard enough.
- Be a better follower and reader. I absolutely suck. I’m always behind, I don’t support you guys enough. I need to improve. How do you guys do it? Any tips?
Blog goals for June 26 to July 24:
- All of the above;
- Merge my Instagram accounts and only keep the one I have for my blog;
- Get 16,000 views (as punishment for not reaching 15,000 lol)
- Do more videos;
- Do ALL of the awards and tags I’m nominated for;
So today I’ll still post on weekend recap, including Monday and my “Perfect Party Series” post, wait for those, my friends.