Good evening dear friends!
I’m exhausted. Turns out gardening IS a workout.
I thought that, by waking up earlier, I would get to finish my to-do list but it didn’t make such a difference, as I decided to spend more time taking care of the garden than I intended. It made me really tired. 10 minutes in and I was sweating. Need to do it more often.
Come and check my to-do list with me:
- Translate my sisters CV into English. She needs it done for today; – Done. It took me about an hour or so;
- Do a final load of laundry (everything else is washed!!) with my sheets and just a few things that are left to wash; – Laundry is all done. Washed one of our sofa blankets too, they are full of dog hair;
- Once everything is dry, fold and put away, along with the two baskets that were already washed; – Folded and put away a ton of laundry, while watching “Keeping up with the Kardashians” and hating those bitches because I bet they haven’t folded laundry once in their lives;
- Make a grocery list, including things I will need while my in-laws are here; – Nope, I haven’t. I have a mental list but need to put it into paper;
- Clean kitchen (shelves; over, under, behind the fridge; walls next to the stove, behind and under the stove; floor;) – Everything but the damn shelves;
- Wash Rosa’s bed; – Washed;
- Bathe Rosa. Probably going to wait for mister to get home to help with this task; – Didn’t happen. They went out and when they came back she was throwing a big tantrum and would let us take her leash of. She bit us both, leaving marks and all;
- Read blogs! – Just a few. Will do it now;
- Finish my big to-do list to post as my challenge post (today’s prompt); – I haven’t yet;
- Make a list of all of the Award posts I need to write; – Done;
- Dry and put away dishes that I washed yesterday – Didn’t touch them;
- Answer comments; – Yes;
- Do some gardening. I have a few flower seeds I want to plant: French Marigold (or honeycomb, I think – Maggie, they are native to Guatemala!!); cornflower (or bachelor’s button); Sweet William; elegant zinnia; sunflower; common marigold; – So gardening took way more time than I had imagined. We have a huge pine tree and the flower beds and the whole yard were full of dry pine needles. So, to start, I had to clean the flower beds of weeds and dry pine needles. Then I planted my seeds and after that I decided that I would clean the whole yard, which turned out to be 5 trash bags full of pine thingies and weeds and a good wash with the hose. It’s looking good now.
– Turns out I didn’t have enough leftovers so I had to make dinner;
Food and water:
- Breakfast: Coffee with milk and a banana;
- Snack: Yogurt;
- Lunch: Pasta;
- Dinner: Two pieces of toast, coffee with milk;
- About 7 glasses of water;
I’m grateful for:
- Waking up early;
- All of the gardening work;
- Making a nice dinner for Rui;
- Feeling tired (it feels good, actually)
I’m super sleepy so I see you guys tomorrow.