Many people have asked me what have I done in order to get so many followers in such a short amount of time so, I decided to create a post, so everyone could read my experience and maybe learn something from it. Keep in mind that I’m no expert, my blog is just a baby and I have no knowledge on how to grow a blog. I’ve just been following my instinct and doing what feels right and is comfortable for me. For real advice you should reach out to more experienced bloggers.
- I follow everyone back – If you’re following me, I make sure to follow you too and to read your posts, like and comment them. I want my followers to be people I can interact with and develop a friendship.
- I follow many blogs, even if they don’t follow me – If I come across a blog I like, I immediately hit follow. They don’t usually follow right back but, as I make sure to like and comment their posts, they eventually notice me and follow my blog.
- I always answer comments – I make sure to answer every comment and be nice, which is easier because I love when people leave me comments.
- I make sure to comment on the posts I love – I love to interact with other bloggers so I make sure to give my opinion, share experiences, give some support, whatever they need. It makes me feel great.
- I post almost every day – This is not an obligation, I post that regularly because I love it. My posts are not normally planned, I just think about something and write. Of course, if there’s a day I don’t feel like posting, I just don’t. It’s not like a task to me, is something that comes from my heart.
- Leave your comfort zone a little – So maybe you’re not a fan of poetry, but you could check that blog anyway, you might really like it.
- Be honest and open – This is one of my main rules. When I share something with you, I share the whole story. Not just the beautiful part. Quite the contrary. I often use this blog to complain or vent and I always get so much support;
- Talk to people who are in the same situation – You all know that I suffer from anxiety and depression, as I don’t make it a secret. If someone posts about this subject I always comment and try to make them see they’re not alone and that they can talk to me. I have shared great conversations.
- Don’t ignore people – If a blogger comments on your posts and you have more to say other than “thank you”, do it. Engage in conversation with them. I just love to meet other bloggers and make friends through blogging.
- Be nice – Don’t judge people, don’t make nasty comments. Come on, the world does that to us. Who needs negativity here? No one. So be kind. People will always come back.
So, this is my list. This is what I have been doing for the past month. I would love if you could share your tricks in the comments. I’m sure you all have advice to share. xo