I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by three lovely bloggers:
I would like to start by thanking them for my nomination. I feel really happy that such amazing bloggers thought of me for this Award. Not one, but three of them. How lucky am I? I encourage you all to visit their blogs and read their amazing articles. You will love getting to know them. They’re part of my favorites and will become a part of yours too. Thank you so much, girls! I always feel honored, no matter how many times I have done. It’s always special.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide a link to the post you created
How my blog started:
As I’ve mentioned several times, in different occasions, I’ve always wanted to be a blogger. I have been trying since something like 2012, maybe? I had blogs in Portuguese, I had a blog in English but through blogger and then I decided to create one on WordPress. All of my other blogs failed miserably, because I was not interesting in writing. I started them, but then I would forget about them or see writing as a task. With Pink For Days, it is completely different. From the very first moment I fell in love with my blog and knew I was here to stay. I had found my voice and the time was right. And so here I am, posting every day ever since I started, not because I have to, but because I love to. It’s a part of me now. It changed me. It’s mine.
Advice to new bloggers:
Since I was nominated by three people, I will give six pieces of advice instead of two. I’m a fairly new blogger myself, but I think I might have learned a few things that might be useful to other bloggers. I hope my advice is good.
- Never discriminate. Be nice to everyone that follows you, be it man or woman, whatever the country they come from, age, religion, sexual orientation, etc. You don’t need to follow everyone back and you can even block them if you like (which don’t find necessary unless they are disrespectful in some way) but you have to respect them and be polite. No need to be rude to anyone or offend people. There’s no space for racism and discrimination in blogging, in my opinion. We are a community.
- Follow everyone that follows you back. I know this becomes difficult after some number of followers and a lot of people have disagreed with me on this one because of that. My advice? Not everyone posts on the same day. Also, you can choose a few favorites that you follow very closely and check on other people from time to time. This is my way of doing things. If someone is interested in me enough to follow me, I will give them the same courtesy. I will follow back and read their blog, even if it’s not my favorite type of subject. I cannot have people read me and I ignoring them, that’s just me.
- Never judge other bloggers content. You have your blog, where you post whatever you want right? So let others have the same. Their own blog, where they can post whatever they see fit. You can disagree and even comment saying that, but always in a polite, positive way. If you do it any other way you’re discriminating again.
- Be part of the community. Read what your readers write, like, comment, support them if they need it, be present. We are a group of people who can do a lot for each other if we put our minds and hearts to it. You love when someone takes the time to read and comment, right? Do the same. We all write to be read. You can choose or not to participate in blog parties or threads or those kinds of things (I know some people criticize those who do), but just be an active blogger and engage in other blogger’s posts, help people in getting known and always help new bloggers.
- Be kind and polite. Always. Never be rude. Even if you disagree or don’t like someone you don’t have to be impolite or fight or start conflict. I’m probably repeating myself here but I truly believe in a peaceful blogging community.
- Be true to yourself. Write about the things you like, your life, your experiences, without any fears. Be confident in your words, thoughts and beliefs. Be honest and true to your readers. You need to write about things that are interesting to your audience, but you have to like them first. It’s your writing and your blog.
I will only nominate 15 people, because I would be facing 45 if was going to multiply everything by 3. I will try to nominate people I have never nominated before: