Hey there everyone,
It’s been nearly 4 months since my last post. That’s a third of the year without posting. That’s very sad and disappointing but life is happening and I’m not the person I’d like to be and definitely not the blogger I’d like to be so let’s get over it and talk about something else already, Cheila.
I have so, so much to tell you all because well, 4 months. I need to control my writing and rambling urges though so I’ve decided to pick 5 things. I’ll tell you 5 things and that’ll be it for now.
- My wedding is in less than 2 months. The planning has been intense. I’m doing a whole series about the wedding and on wedding planning as I feel that I’ve learned so much that can be helpful to future brides. Also, I know that some people love weddings and enjoy reading about wedding planning in general. The most surprising thing about the wedding is how much of an emotional ride you’re in for. I was not expecting that at all. You get to know some people all over again and realise that when people say “I’m here for you”, they don’t always mean it. Not everyone, at least. Sometimes I feel like I’m planning a big party and that everyone wants to attend and look their best and eat and drink but no one remembers why we’re throwing it in the first place.
- I’ve changed jobs. I’ve changed jobs 4 times in one year and it has been exhausted for someone who had been doing the same for so many years. I’m not back at teaching. Not even close. I work for an online bank now. I’ve been here for 3 months. I like it very much. I’ve learned that people actually pay for sex work and write “pussy lick” as a description for a bank transfer. I’ve lived enough. I can die peacefully now, I’ve seen it all.
- I’ve made new friends. You know it’s hard to make friends as an adult because everyone has their own life to live and their own problems and spouses or relationships, kids, parents, jobs, stress sources. So it makes me very happy to say that I made a very special friend at work. I don’t know how it happened but she became one of my best friends and she’s coming to my wedding. Last time I met someone I can consider a best friend was my first year of university, 2011. I’m either picky or special people don’t come my way very often. I feel so lucky to have met her.
- We’re going to Gran Canaria for our honeymoon. I’ll do nothing but reading, sleeping, going to the beach and the pool for a whole week. I’m already looking at bathing suits online.
- I’ve been reading like a maniac for months. I wish I wasn’t so lazy so I could do some reviews. I’m currently on book 70 since 27/11/2018. This makes me happy. I’m currently reading Scarlet by Alexandra Ripley, the “sequel” to Gone With the Wind. I’ve been watching series as well. Since April I’ve watched:
- Chernobyl (5/5)
- Big Little Lies, Season 2 (3/5)
- La Casa de Papel, Season 2 (4/5)
- Divorce, Season 3 (2/5)
- Game of Thrones, Season 8 (1/5)
- Currently watching season 7 of Orange is the New Black and Season 3 of The Handmaid’s Tale.
I guess that’s it for today. I miss blogging but I wanna do it by tiny pieces.
I also want to redesign the blog as I’m done with the way it looks now. I’ll get to it.
Have a lovely day.