How is it almost the middle of the month?
It feels like February is in a hurry to get to March or something, which I’m definitely not because it seems like I’m always behind on something, even when I’m trying super hard to keep up with life.
I’m supposed to be having a lazy week, what basically means I have a few days off work and am focusing on school work, stuff around the house, errands, family and just having me time.
The highlight of my week (or month) and the reason I took some vacation days is because my Maid of Honor is visiting from Vienna. She’ll be staying for a couple of weeks but I wanted a day or two to be free for her. Bitch ended up deserting me because her boyfriend, who happens to be my best friend of 14 years (I introduced them because neither had a date to my wedding – I love to tell this story to every one I meet. Random strangers as well), managed to get a couple of days off. I’m now extremely pissed. Joking, I know she’ll be reading this. I’m happy he managed to get the days off, it’s not easy for him. They’re my favorite couple and I really want them to be happy. Mostly because they deserve it, also because it would be so freakin awkward if they broke up.
What have I been up to since Saturday? Super interesting stuff.
- Sleeping tons. I was so sleep deprived and it was perfect not having to set an alarm.
- Began reading The Storyteller’s Secret by Sejal Badani
- Watching and finishing “Don’t Fuck With Cats” on Netflix.
- Grocery shopping at Aldi.
- Organizing and printing a bunch of uni work. I know it’s not very green of me, but I can’t study unless I have paper to read, highlight and takes notes on.
- Having salmon for dinner
- Watching an episode of “This is Us”. It’s one of the shows husband and I always watch together.
- Watching “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood” while waiting for the Oscars to start. Husband quit half way and went to bed. I stayed up to watch the Oscars, did not get to finish the movie.
- Waking up very late
- Forgetting my nail and eyebrow appointment, thinking it was on the 13th.
- Reading a lot and being useless in general
- Falling asleep at 5 and waking up very confused when husband got home at 8 something and woke me up. I guess I needed to sleep?
- Randomly zapping (I never touch the TV) and finding “The Great Gatsby” on some random channel, watching it with husband. The movie means a lot to us for a number of reasons. It’s one of my favorite books, it was the first movie we saw together at the cinema and we chose one of the songs for our first dance. Lana Del Rey – Young and Beautiful
Tuesday 11.02.2020 (today)
- Trying to write a blog post
- Finished the The Storyteller’s Secret by Sejal Badani
- Attempting to declutter and organize our office/closet/storage room. I’ve honestly decluttered as much as possible and am now getting to the conclusion that we simply need more storage or maybe a bigger house.
What about you? What have you been up to?