Question of the Day #27 – Happy Easter!!
Happy Easter Everyone!!
If you celebrate this holiday, I hope you have a wonderful day. If you don’t, I hope you still have access to endless amounts of chocolate!
Today I’m asking about Easter.
- Do you celebrate Easter?
- Did you give something up for Lent?
- Where and how do you spend Easter Sunday?
- What are your traditions? Your family’s?
- What’s your favorite thing about Easter?
That’s it. Have a beautiful day, everyone!
Question of the Day #25
What’s your experience with mental illness?
Does anyone in your family suffer from such issues?
Do you deal with any mental health problems?
Would you like to share about your experiences?
Question of the Day #26
In your opinion, is human nature good or evil?
Happy Women’s Day to all of the special ladies out there!!
I love being a woman because…
Oscars 2018 – Red Carpet: My Top 10 Gowns (In No Particular Order)
Here’s my top 10 favorites from last night:
Do we share any favorites?
My Oscar History – Getting Robbed Since 2015 #justiceforcheila + Share your opinions: Let’s Talk Cinema
Good morning everyone!
It’s 09.43 as I’m starting this post and I didn’t sleep at all last night. No, it wasn’t insomnia. It was OSCARS NIGHT. If you know me half well you know how much I
live love The Oscars.
The first time any kind of movie award caught my attention was back in 2013. I had loved movies all my life, way before that, but I was taking cinema classes in college so I became interested in awards, actors and technical aspects. I’m not sure I actually watched the ceremony in 2013 but I know I was really happy thatArgowon.
Now, 2014 was a turning point. I had done so much research for the whole of 2013 and was way more into the whole Oscar phenomenon. I had watched all the films and was rooting for 12 Years a Slave, which ended up winning Best Picture. I was very happy with the winners of Best Actor in a Leading Role and Best Actor in a Supporting Role, Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto for Dallas Buyers Club. In my opinion, all of the movies were really good that year. Here’s the full list of nominees:
By 2015, I was addicted. It had become my thing. It was also the first time I felt deceived. Oh yes. I was rooting for either The Imitation Game, The Theory of Everything or Boyhood. Wonderful movies. I mean, I had three favorites, it’s not like I would be disappointed, would I? Wrong. Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)took the Oscar for Best Picture. Okay. But why? I was happy that Eddie Redmayne won Best Actor for The Theory of Everything because, let’s face it, he played a damn good Stephen Hawking. Julliane Moore took the Award for Best Actress with Still Alice which was well deserved. Still, my heart broke a little.
2016 came and my dreams were shattered once again. There were so many good movies. I mean, I did like Spotlight, the winner. But it’s not the one I would have picked. There was Room, The Revenant, The Martian, Brooklyn, Bridge of Spies, The Big Short. I felt like there were better choices for Best Picture. Thank God Leonardo DiCaprio won Best Actor in a Leading Role, FINALLY, otherwise I would have lost my shit! Although I do think Eddie Redmayne should have won again, for his brilliant performance in The Danish Girl. He would have won two years in a row, which would have been awesome. But Leo deserved that Oscar. He froze his ass in Canada to film The Revenant. I mean, he had been freezing his ass since Titanic and no Oscar. He got inside a friggin horse. It was his.
2017 was a weird year for me. I had seen all of the movies and was really excited but fell asleep before the ceremony. It was actually a blessing, otherwise I might have had a stroke because of the “La La Land… Fuck no… Moonlight” incident. I was obviously rooting for La La Land and the disappointment would be too hard to take after that false alarm. The other films were all really good, though, the best being Hacksaw Ridge, in my opinion.
So you have probably realized by now how I’ve been robbed since 2015, haven’t you? So unfair. Well, this year was no different. I was feeling pretty confident that Timothée Chalamet would win Best Actor. Nope. That dude who played Churchill in The Darkest Hour (A.k.A Dunkirk number 2) took Oscar home. Well, that was sad. Fortunately, Best Picture was still to come and I was fine with either Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri or Call Me By Your Name. I was so wrong. The Shape of fuck a fish won instead. I mean… How? Why? I feel empty inside. How could they do this to me?? You do understand why I’m so upset don’t you? Thank you.
Yeah, I just needed to vent and share this long, sad story. The Oscars are probably the reason I take so much medication. It’s too much too handle. Year after year. I guess I’ll just go and cry in a corner now, maybe listen to the La La Land soundtrack and try to feel better. There’s always 2019. No one is getting my Oscar next year.
Tell me guys,
Does anyone share my disappointment?
Are you a cinema lover?
What’s your favorite movie ever?
How do you feel about the Oscars?
Did you watch any of this year’s nominees?
Were you rooting for a film/actor?
Weekend Plans: 02.03.18 “Raining All Weekend” Edition + How do you feel on Fridays? Do you work weekends?
Happy Friday Dear Blogging Family,
I’m not really sure if I’m super happy it’s Friday or if I’m having a hard day because I’m tired and I still have to get through many hours of work.
How do you usually feel by Friday? Ecstatic or dead?
Does the day go by really fast or super slow because you cannot wait for the weekend to begin? Share your thoughts with me.
If you work weekends, which I have for so many years before, I hope work is good to you and that your day off comes soon enough. I didn’t mind Saturdays but I always hated working on Sundays. Imagine working 8 p.m to 1 a.m on a Sunday. Gosh, I’m tired just thinking about it.
Thankfully, I no longer work on weekends, which is great for other reasons too, as Rui used to be at home while I was working because he never worked weekends.
So Friday is here and I need to make some plans.
This weekend I’d like to:
- Watch the Oscars, obviously. This Sunday. I mean, for me it’s actually on Monday, since it does not start until 1 a.m. I really hope I don’t get sleepy and miss it like I did last year. #shameonme
- Watch the six nominees for best picture I haven’t seen yet. I’m hoping to get started on this tonight. How am I going to watch 6 movies in 2 days? Well, it’s raining so it’s not like I’m actually going anywhere. We had planed on doing some gardening but that is obviously not happening because of the bad weather.
- Laundry. When it’s raining, we use our indoor hanger combined with our dehumidifier and our space heater, sometimes. We don’t own a drier. I kind of thought about buying a washer/drying when we bought our washer a few months ago but it was twice as expensive, it’s a waste of energy, not environmentally friendly, and we don’t have a real need for it because we get so much sun in Portugal, which allows us to dry our clothes outside most of the time. It’s also easy to dry them inside when it’s raining. If we’re desperate or if it has been raining for a few weeks we just go to the wash station to dry our laundry. It’s not expensive and it only happens on occasion. I have a ton of laundry to put away too.
- Clean/Organize our bedroom (which doubles as my home office). This includes: Dusting, cleaning the surfaces, vacuuming the floor and rugs, mopping the floor, changing our sheets, cleaning the windows a bit. We have this table (that used to be Rui’s desk) that I’m using as a vanity but it’s huge (1.50 m long) and it’s taking way too much space so I’m definitely disassembling it and storing it in the garage because I don’t think we have a place for it anywhere in the house. Our bedroom is big enough but this table just takes too much space and I don’t want the room to look too cluttered.
- Clean our living room. We should definitely get our sofa covers washed. I feel like we’re always doing this but they’re whitish and we have a dog. She doesn’t think to clean her dirty paws before going inside, the bitch! I hate to throw a blanket on the sofa but I need to accept the fact that old people are right and it really saves the covers a lot of washed. If IKEA didn’t charge 60€ for covers for a 300€ couch I would have bough new covers by now. I feel like they’re too expensive and I’d be better off buying a new, used sofa. We need to dust, vacuum and mop the floor.
- Clean our kitchen. I really want to go through every single item in our kitchen and do a general de-clutter and deep cleaning. Let’s hope I’m not as lazy as last weekend.
- Work on my freelance work project for a few hours.
- Read blogs.
- Update my planner for next week.
What about you? Big plans for the weekend?
Let’s talk soon.
*Beautiful rainy pictures are from Pixabay
Daily Planner and Journal – 08.02.2018 “Dreaming about Excel Spreadsheets” Edition + My nightstand contents
Good morning dear friends,
As a friend of mine was saying the other day, Thursday is wonderful because then comes Friday and then comes the weekend. She’s definitely an optimist. How do you feel about Thursday? Friday eve? One more day you have to drag and suffer before the weekend? It doesn’t bother me, honestly. It did last week because I was exhausted and emotionally drained but, this week, as I’m doing well, I’m not desperate for the weekend to come.
I’m having breakfast and coffee at my desk, while writing this post. Some oatmeal with rice and coconut milk, banana slices, a bit of honey and some cinnamon. My coffee with rice and coconut milk and a pear. Oh, and my water.
I only have to be at work from 5 p.m to 7 p.m but I have plenty to do in the meantime. You guys know I do freelance work, right? Right. I have to write this huge list of beauty product descriptions for a new Portuguese online store. Believe it or not, I’m not used to writing in Portuguese lol Anyway I have to do this massive work, which means 1500 descriptions. I’ve done 300 since Sunday. It’s not a problem because I could have about 2 weeks for each 150 descriptions if I wanted to, but I just want to be done with it. I cannot look at the excel spreadsheet any longer. I wake up thinking about it. I dream I’m inserting data and such. Are you like this? When I have a project to finish I don’t relax until it’s just done and over with. I’ve been working on it non-stop, sacrificing the pool, reading, TV shows (No, I haven’t watched the saddest This is Us episode ever but I’ve read some spoilers because people cannot keep their mouths shut on the internet) and some sleep. Even my beloved true crime podcasts are being neglected.
So here I am, sitting at my desk, debating whether I should get a second cup of coffee. I think I should write a post about my work as a freelancer, shouldn’t I? It might be useful for some people, if they’re looking to make a few extra bucks or for a second job. I would write about it, explain what I do, offer some advice (I have learned from a few mistakes) and tell you about the best websites to find work. Tell me if you’d like that.
There’s some serious pink for days happening at my desk. Do you feel like you drink more water if you use a straw? I have no idea why, but it works for me. Oh, I’m also wearing pink pajamas and a pink robe. I look like that crazy lady whose house is all about pink, even her toaster and toilet. She only wears pink. I’m joking here, I wear every single color except for yellow and orange because I hate them. And not all of my possessions are pink. I might have a light blue toilet but that’s not the same.
I was just looking at my planners I’ve kept since 2010, just so I can remind myself I haven’t been productive or organized in 8 years. Well, at least, if I need an alibi, I know where I was on May 19th, 2013. As you know I taught private lessons. Sometimes I open an old planner and see “2 p.m – class with Maria” and I’m like “who the fuck was that?” because I do forget about people things (and people) that easily.
I just took this random picture of my nightstand and realized I should publish it and inform you about the contents of my nightstand because it’s very (un)useful information. So let’s see:
- Ikea lamp. There used to be another on Rui’s nightstand but we broke it and I’m the one who reads so…
- Picture of us. Mostly me. 10% him.
- 3 books I’m not reading but want to.
- A notebook.
- Things I need to clean my face and remove my makeup, otherwise I don’t. Since my routine doesn’t require water, I keep my products nice and close so I don’t have an excuse. There’s an eye makeup remover, micelar water, face cream, hand cream and lip balm. Also a little basket with cotton swabs.
- A pocket mirror.
There’s usually a glass of water to, at night, as well as my charger and earphones. There’s a little shelve below where I keep tissues, baby wipes (you know, for when I spill my coffee, which happens a lot) and my power bank so I remember to charge it.
I guess this is where I say goodbye, leaving you with a very important question?
What do you keep on your nightstand?
Happy Anniversary to my blog!! Pink for days is turning one today!!! Let’s Party?? – Please answer my poll!!!
OH MY GOD!!
I TOTALLY FORGOT IT WAS TODAY!!!
How has it been a year already? I still remember writing my very first post. I can still feel the moment I created this blog, it’s just so fresh in my memory!!
NOW, WE MUST PARTY!!!
Improvised Blog Party!!
Tell us 3 things about yourself.
Share your blog link.
Share 2 of your favorite posts.
Share 2 of your favorite blogs.
My favorite posts from my first year as a blogger:
Why I’m no longer an “it” blogger
When you just don’t feel like blogging
My money saving habits – Part I + Update
A job interview and how to rock it
Home office tour, share with Mr.R
Study tips and time management tips for working students
Top 10 Favorite TV shows of all time – Part II
Top 10 TV shows of all time – Part I
Introducing Mr.R – A love story
A few reasons why I might be a bad blogger
My new following rules and some blogging thoughts
Get to know me tag – 25 questions
How and why I started my business
What makes me unique as a teacher
Growing up: School, friends and loves
My family: The girl with no daddy
Meet Neide: Interviewing my baby sister
100 followers in less than a month: how
Meet Rosa – The cutest dog ever
Thank you so much everyone. Thank you for being there for me for a whole year and for supporting me and my blog. Love you all.