Happy Friday Everyone!!
I just love Fridays. Same reasons as everyone else, obviously.
For many years, I worked weekends, for Fridays were just regular days for me. It’s different now. I can go to bed late on Friday night because I know I can sleep in on Saturday and on Sunday. We get two whole days just for ourselves, family and friends. I also love to think of the weekend as a “reset button”. You forget about the weekend, get your things together, organized, take care of the house and prepare for the week ahead. It’s kind of exciting, isn’t it? LOL Can you tell I love weekends?
Anyway, I have a few things I want to talk about today, I guess I should follow the order of the tittle? Maybe it’s less confusing for you guys.
Plans for the weekend:
Things I must not forget:
- To drink my 1.5 to 2 l of water;
- To eat my fruits and veggies;
- To take my pills on time;
- To make sure I take at least 10.000 steps. (I only aim for 5.000 on the days when I work out)
- Remember to insert all of this information in my health app (including meals), which is the best thing I’ve been using ever. Lifesum
- Go and get my eyebrows done (for crying out loud)
- Cut my hair, my ends are very dry and thin.
- Shaving. I’m in a public pool several times a week, they don’t need to endure hairy legs, armpits and lady bits. (I rhymed)
Self-care things I would like to do:
- A green clay mask, as I haven’t done one in God knows how long.
- Take 2 big nature walks with the mister and the little four-legged lady. (Probably not gonna happen, being honest here)
- Do my favorite yoga routine before bed, I’ve been waking up about 3 times each night.
- Do some kind of foot scrub.
- Apply some clear nail polish on my nails so I won’t bite them.
Things we actually need to do:
- Finish tidying up the house. We have moved the furniture we intended to, which means Rui’s desk is in the living room and I have an office space in our bedroom. Our former office is now a “closet” (Our wardrobe, shoes, bags, coats are in there) and a guest bedroom. When you make such drastic changes, objects need to be moved as well, so there are lots of clothes and random objects that need to be put away.
- Laundry. Besides our regular laundry, we have a few blankets, pillows and clothes for my pregnant friend that need to be washed, as well as a few sheets. We also have a ton to put away.
- Clean the kitchen.
- Do some general cleaning around the house. (I’ll tell you what we got done when I do my update on Sunday)
- I need to move some of my plants inside because they don’t seem to like the cold and rain.
- Rosa NEEDS to go to the vet.
- We need to cook and prep for the week ahead.
- I want to read some blogs.
- I want to get my planner ready for the week (would you like to take a peek at my planner?)
2. Guest Room/IKEA
- So I’ve told you we decided we definitely needed to turn our office into a guest room, with an actual bed. Every time we had guests they had to sleep on the sofa or air mattress on the living room floor. I have nothing again the sofa or air mattress, except that the living room is the center of the house. If we need to go to the bathroom or kitchen we need to go through the living room. Our bedroom door leads directly to the living room, which means there’s no privacy.
We have this guest bed which is not so good but it’ll have to do for now:
It’s as shitty as it looks and too small for any sheets to properly fit. We’ll obviously keep it as an extra, as well as the air mattress, but I’m thinking we should get this one, which turns into a double bed if needed:
It’s pretty cheap too, only 169€. What do you think?
So I had this crazy idea that we could all watch the Oscars together. What? I know. But hear me out: I would write a post named: Oscars 2018 and we’d all be watching the Oscars at the same time and commenting on said post, like we’re actually talking while watching it. So who’s with me? We can have a long distance, blogging, Oscar-viewing party!!
This morning I heard on the radio that Amazon might finally come to Portugal. I was immediately excited and praying for it to happen. Every time I want to order something from Amazon, well, I can’t. For every 100 products, only about 1 ships to Portugal and the shipping cost is never lower than 20€. It’s really bad. Imagine having the option of Amazon Prime… Gosh, I need it.
I’ve been looking into getting a used kindle reader. You cannot really find kindles to buy here and when you do, they’re really expensive, so I’m looking for a used one. I might save about 100€ if I buy a used one.
I have been reading lots using kindle on my iPhone and Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited. My free-trial ended and I was pretty sad but then Rui surprised me by saying he wouldn’t mind if we paid the monthly subscription, so I’ll have it forever, woo-ooh.
Finally, I want to tell you I hadn’t worked out as much as I did this week in years!! I took two 2.3 km walks and I went to water aerobics twice and swimming class once! Just need to brag about it.
That’s it everyone!!
What are you plans for the weekend??
Love you all.