Hey there everyone,
It’s been nearly 4 months since my last post. That’s a third of the year without posting. That’s very sad and disappointing but life is happening and I’m not the person I’d like to be and definitely not the blogger I’d like to be so let’s get over it and talk about something else already, Cheila.
I have so, so much to tell you all because well, 4 months. I need to control my writing and rambling urges though so I’ve decided to pick 5 things. I’ll tell you 5 things and that’ll be it for now.
- My wedding is in less than 2 months. The planning has been intense. I’m doing a whole series about the wedding and on wedding planning as I feel that I’ve learned so much that can be helpful to future brides. Also, I know that some people love weddings and enjoy reading about wedding planning in general. The most surprising thing about the wedding is how much of an emotional ride you’re in for. I was not expecting that at all. You get to know some people all over again and realise that when people say “I’m here for you”, they don’t always mean it. Not everyone, at least. Sometimes I feel like I’m planning a big party and that everyone wants to attend and look their best and eat and drink but no one remembers why we’re throwing it in the first place.
- I’ve changed jobs. I’ve changed jobs 4 times in one year and it has been exhausted for someone who had been doing the same for so many years. I’m not back at teaching. Not even close. I work for an online bank now. I’ve been here for 3 months. I like it very much. I’ve learned that people actually pay for sex work and write “pussy lick” as a description for a bank transfer. I’ve lived enough. I can die peacefully now, I’ve seen it all.
- I’ve made new friends. You know it’s hard to make friends as an adult because everyone has their own life to live and their own problems and spouses or relationships, kids, parents, jobs, stress sources. So it makes me very happy to say that I made a very special friend at work. I don’t know how it happened but she became one of my best friends and she’s coming to my wedding. Last time I met someone I can consider a best friend was my first year of university, 2011. I’m either picky or special people don’t come my way very often. I feel so lucky to have met her.
- We’re going to Gran Canaria for our honeymoon. I’ll do nothing but reading, sleeping, going to the beach and the pool for a whole week. I’m already looking at bathing suits online.
- I’ve been reading like a maniac for months. I wish I wasn’t so lazy so I could do some reviews. I’m currently on book 70 since 27/11/2018. This makes me happy. I’m currently reading Scarlet by Alexandra Ripley, the “sequel” to Gone With the Wind. I’ve been watching series as well. Since April I’ve watched:
- Chernobyl (5/5)
- Big Little Lies, Season 2 (3/5)
- La Casa de Papel, Season 2 (4/5)
- Divorce, Season 3 (2/5)
- Game of Thrones, Season 8 (1/5)
- Currently watching season 7 of Orange is the New Black and Season 3 of The Handmaid’s Tale.
I guess that’s it for today. I miss blogging but I wanna do it by tiny pieces.
I also want to redesign the blog as I’m done with the way it looks now. I’ll get to it.
Have a lovely day.
9 thoughts on “5 Things”
Nice to hear from you. That is a lot of reading.
Yay wedding and if I remember rightly, first time out of Portugal?
Hey Chey. So great to hear from you. I’ve missed you. And congratulations in advance. 2 months! Yay. I can’t wait for the series of posts you’ve got lined up.
I hope the planning is going well. I’m sure all the trouble will be worth it. 😄
Yikes. I guess people don’t realize that someone actually goes through their transaction details. Or maybe they don’t care at all.
Glad to know that you’ve got someone who has got your back. To get someone like that, especially at work, is very difficult! So happy for you, Chey!
Wow. Now that’s what you call voracious reading. P.S if you want to get hooked to a new series, just say the word. I’ll help you out 🙂
So nice to hear from you, Chey! I’m glad to hear that you’re reading a lot and the wedding plans. I look forward to when you return to blogging and that wedding series. Take care.
So lovely to hear from you. Wow not long till the wedding. I’m so glad you have made a close friend. It would s very hard as an adult to make friends like you said everyone has school friends etc. I have moved a lot in my life and sometimes it gets lonely. I’m back from your beautiful country. Portugal 🇵🇹 is stunning beautiful and everyone is so friendly.
It’s so amazing to hear from you Chey and glad to know you’re well too and yes I would love a wedding series
Hey, really looking forward to your wedding series – I’m just at the beginning of planning mine and even so have been through a bunch of emotions already! It’s your day – don’t let anyone get in the way of that 🙂
It’s nice to hear from you girl! Glad you’re back and that’s awesome that you’re getting married soon! Looking forward to your wedding pics 💕
Welcome back, Chey! Lovely to hear from you, and it sounds like things have been busy busy. Exciting times with the wedding, and Gran Canaria is an excellent choice for a honeymoon (never been but it always sounds amazing). I’ve not seen Big Little Lies S02 yet, but I’m looking forward to it. xx
Hi Cheila 🙂 always nice to hear from you, no matter how long it’s been since the last time. ♡
SO exciting that your wedding is coming up. I am really looking forward to the series, I’m totally someone who loves reading about weddings & the planning that goes into it.
I cannot believe people are not more discrete with their sex work transactions LOL.
Happy to hear you’ve made a new friend. It is hard to do so as an adult, that’s special. ♡ Hope you have the best honeymoon!