Georgia – Midnight Madness
What is your biggest tip for getting over writer’s block?
- I’ve been through writer’s block so many times, really. Then there’s those moments when I just don’t feel like blogging. I used to feel super guilty and I still do sometimes, but I’ve learned to accept that I cannot force it. So here’s my tip: Step away from it. Don’t do it. Forget about it for a while. It’ll come back, trust me. This is what works for me, honestly. I just ignore it and focus on other things until I feel like writing again. The trying and trying and pushing is only going to bring feelings of frustration. Does anyone have any other tips to share with us?
Shannon – Kittyp0p
Do you ever take people’s suggestions on listening to new bands/artists?
- I’m actually really bad at this. I’ve been listening to the same songs for the past fifteen years and I NEVER like a song or artist at first. I know I’m probably missing out on great music. Shannon, I’d love some recommendations, dear! Everyone else, would you like to recommend some of your favorites?
Cory – Cory Melancon
What’s your favorite way to relax after a stressful day?
- My favorite way is get into the tub while listening to some relaxing music. Unfortunately, our current house doesn’t have a tub, only a shower. Other ways I relax is by eating something yummy (they don’t call it comfort food for nothing) while watching some movie or show with Rui and Rosa on the couch or going to bed super early and listen to my favorite podcasts. What about you, how do you relax?
Azra – Simple Serenity
What are your thoughts lately on blogging?
- I think things have changed a little in the past year but it is my fault, I haven’t been as present or as active as I was at first so naturally my views have drop and my growth has slowed down significantly.
Do you love it or find it stressful?
- Honestly, I neither love it nor find it stressful at the moment. I mean, I do love it but not as much as I used to when I first started. I used to find it stressful because I thought I had to keep up with a certain rhythm and standard which I don’t anymore. I’ll never be the blogger who plans and writes three weeks of posts in advance.
What is your current favorite beauty product?
- This Noreva Sensidiane AR CC Cream SPF30. It is pigmented enough to hide my redness but not heavy at all. 30 is a great SPF and it is super easy to apply. After so many years of looking for a good foundation I think this is it for me.
Which movie would you recommend everyone to watch?
- I have a few favorites I definitely recommend, if you want something more recent and not those huge classics everyone knows and most of us love, which I would usually recommend:
- Hacksaw Ridge
- The Light Between the Oceans
- La La Land
- Manchester by the Sea
- The Big Short
- The Martian
- The Age of Adeline
- Still Alice
- The Theory of Everything
- 12 Years a Slave
- The Book Thief
- Dallas Buyers Club
- The Impossible
- Gone Girl
- We Need to Talk About Kevin
- The King’s Speech
- Brokeback Mountain
Gracie– A Light in the Darkness
Reading or writing?
- Reading. I could live without writing but I couldn’t live without reading. It’s one of my absolute favorite things.
What is one word that makes you happy every time you hear it?
What is your favourite song?
- So difficult to pick just one but the first to come to mind was Photographs and Memories by Jason Reeves.
If could meet one person (fictional, real life, blogging friend, celebrity, etc) who would it be?
- I believe I will have the chance to meet some of my blogging friends in real life someday so I would would choose Sarah Jessica Parker. I’m a huge fan.
Who is one person in your life right now who could do with a bit of extra love? Give them a quick shout-out!
- I think my mom. She deals with so much and takes care of everyone’s crap. I wish I could help more. But she’s the strongest person I know and a true optimist, she’ll always be fine and outlive us all.
ES Ordinary – Waves of Awesomeness
If you were to see yourself walking towards you, what would you do?
- I’d say “Damn girl, you look fat!”
Diana – La Petit Muse
What are you reading right now?
- I’m about to start reading a few sequels, I just need to activate my Kindle Unlimited account. I’ve recently read:
- The Girl In Between #1
- The House of Closed Doors #1
- Barely a Bride (Free Fellows League #1)
I’m also patiently waiting for Everything We Give, after reading Everything We Left Behind (Everything #1) and Everything We Keep (Everything #2). It’s only coming out in July, though.
Amelia – Amelia in Hull
Are you watching an TV series at the minute?
- We’ve just finished La Casa de Papel and The Alienist. I’m watching the seventh season of Call The Midwife and the second season of The Crown. I’ve finished Big Little Lies last week too. Do you recommend any shows?
Who inspires you the most?
- Strong women. Moms.
Who was your first follower on this blog?
- I honestly can’t remember. I tried to check but it only goes as far as July and I started in January 2017.
Diary of a twenty year old – That Diary
What keeps you going? In blogging, and in life in general?
- In blogging, the community, first of all. I really want to be a part of this community. Secondly, the fact that I began something and didn’t give up. I’ve been going on for over a year and I’m proud of my blog. I’ve always wanted to be a blogger. In life, the three people I love the most in the whole world. My mom, my sister and Rui. Then, my goals, the person I want to be and what to accomplish. The fact that I like to be productive is what keeps me going during the day.
The Beyoutiful Gal – Beyoutiful
What is your next travel destination on your bucket list?
- I’ve been nowhere, really. I really want to go to the U.S. We want to go to Scotland as well, we’ve been talking about it for a while.
What are some of your hidden talents?
- I can sing pretty well.
What are some of your fave blog posts?
- As a reader or my own? I really like to read recaps, hauls, home tours, lists and such. I like to read my monthly recaps and daily lists.
And I’m done.
If you didn’t ask anything, I’d be happy to take a few more questions and do Part II.
10 thoughts on “Q&A – Answering Your Questions (08.04.2018)”
What did you think of Big little lies? Have you read the book?
I’m still waiting for more this is us …think it should be this month 🤞
LikeLiked by 1 person
I love The Age of Adeline movie, it’s beautifully filmed, definitely one of my favorites. I’m getting all sorts of feels about blogging lately also, something is changing in my perspective. I can’t really put my finger on it, but I’m noticing that I’m not as into it as I used to be. xx
Oh my goodness, I am so glad I am NOT the only person listening to the same songs for the past 15, and I’ll add plus years to that because I am old hahaha. About 8 or so years ago when we traded in my car for a new one, I forgot and left my 6 cd’s in the cd changer, and had a melt down. I called the car dealer, spun around and went right back as soon as I realized it. Sadly they said they couldn’t find the cd’s. 😦 My reply, those cd’s are older than my son, they are vintage hahaha.
I admit I’m quite bad at it too! I appreciate your honesty though haha a band I’ve really been liking lately is Milestones. They’re a semi-new group out of the U.K. that make punk rock/pop type music if you’re into that (:
I wish you would say to your self “damn girl, you are beautiful!!” instead, Chey. ❤
LikeLiked by 1 person
LikeLiked by 1 person
Loved reading your answers!
Great answers and you should def visit the US, it’s awesome here! Would love to hear you sing sometime 🙂
Delightful answers, Cheila, and I’ll be checking out those books that you mentioned. I hope you get to travel to your dream destinations one day. Take care and I hope you’re having a wonderful start to the week.