A Week in The Life Kind of Post – Updates

Last time I posted any kind of planner and journal was on Wednesday morning. As usually, I didn’t follow through with everything I had planned, but I think I got quite a few things done.

On Tuesday Evening, I promised I would show you how our dinner experiment would go and if it was tasty. Remember? Trying this Indian store bought sauce for the first time?


It was really good. Not too spicy at all. Really yummy!! Would definitely buy again. We ate it with broccoli and rice. That’s sparkling water with lemon and red currant syrup.

I had to go to work for two hours on Wednesday morning and then I came home to this:

(I mean before being folded)

And this:

Nap hard, play hard.

I then worked for a few hours and got a few other things done, before taking a break and watching an episode of a show before they boys came home.

I can’t really remember what I did on Thursday but I obviously had to work so I did that for sure. I went to hydro gymnastics on Friday morning, worked and then we went out to dinner with my friends. My pregnant friend is already showing and I’m so happy for her. We had a good time.

On Saturday, we had to get up earlier than usual because I had an appointment with my psychiatrist at 1.30. I talked about it here:

I Have Great News

I looked like this:

That evening, we had dinner with one of Rui’s friends. I should say our friend, otherwise he’ll get pissed at me for saying he’s only friends with Rui, although they have known each other since high school. There was a game on and we watched it while having dinner.

On Sunday, we invited that same friend for coffee at our favorite cafe. Rui’s brother, Tiago, came with us this time. Rui’s friend really wanted to buy us a drink so we drove to the beach (10 minutes away) o have something.

It was a beautiful afternoon. We went grocery shopping and I making dinner while looking like Hulk.

It was really yummy!

Oh, I forgot to say, I made some spaghetti with the store bought sauce for the boys lunch and they said it was pretty good. I didn’t eat lunch so I have no idea.

Monday – I started this post, and wrote this:

I am in a good mood and feeling positive despite not sleeping a wink and having had a bad day tomorrow. My mom had to take my grandmother to the hospital yesterday. They called an ambulance and were there from 7 p.m to about 1 a.m. I wanted to go there but my mother said there was no need because only person would be able to get in and we would just be waiting outside for hours, having to get up early for work today. So we stayed home and I went to bed but I kept waking up and texting my sister and mother. My mom finally texted me saying she was home at about 2.30 in the morning and I fell asleep, but woke up several times after that.

So, about my grandmother. You know she suffers from dementia. Most of her brain cells are dead and it’s simply getting worse. She was also somewhat dehydrated. She is really thin because she has no appetite and doesn’t really feel like eating. That’s why my mother took her to the hospital. Unfortunately, there’s no getting better for her and we all need to make peace with that which is really sad. Heartbreaking. If she were to see herself now, God. But she doesn’t,  which is a good thing, I guess. She can’t tell how bad she is. But we do witness everything and it hurts.

My grandfather passed away when I was 19, a week after my birthday. He was old and sick but I wasn’t expecting it. No one had ever really died. Not my people. But then he did. It was pretty traumatic, let me tell you. My family pretty much fell apart and was never the same after that. I guess he was the glue and we had never realized it.

I met my father’s mother but she was very old. She used to visit me when I was little and I think she was in her seventies. Then she passed away. I don’t remember that much about her, other than she would visit me. I never met her husband, my grandfather. He died before I was born. Everyone tells me he was extremely violent towards his wife and children, so may he rest in hell, I hope it’s warm and cozy there.

I’m closing the sad subject here.

Thank you for reading.

I was able to wake up earlier on Monday and go to the 9.15 a.m hydro fitness class. It was a lot of fun and harder than usual, which I like and my lower back didn’t.

Well, let me tell you, I’m 90% sure the teacher was high as a kite. Oh yeah. He was looking at the horizon rather than looking at us, he would smile and laugh alone and close his eyes for way too long. He was also enjoying the routine way too much. It was so funny. I’m going again next Monday to confirm if he’s a stoner or if he just looks like one.

I had plenty of veggies for lunch:

I worked, worked, worked, got home and went to sleep.

On Tuesday, I wanted to go back to the pool but was still sore so I just went to work and decided to go back on Wednesday, which I did. The class was pretty intense but with a different teacher. Because it was Wednesday, I had to wear pink:

Joking. It was a coincidence.

So, today is Thursday and I’m still sore from yesterday which feels pretty good. I stayed home and tried to sleep in because I haven’t been sleeping at all. I couldn’t get more than 30 minutes to 1 hour of uninterrupted sleep. Don’t know why.

I’m about to get to work, I’ll work from 5 to 8 and then head home.

Tomorrow I plan on going to a hydro gymnastics class and then a swim class as I’m trying to improve some techniques. I have to dedicate some hours to freelance work and then work from 5 to 8 again. We’ll have dinner with friends after work.

As promised,

Here are some pictures of my planner:

Would you be interested in a post on how I organize it? I would love to do one.

To finish, I’ll leave you with some Springy pictures. Thank you for reading.


11 thoughts on “A Week in The Life Kind of Post – Updates

  1. I’m sorry to hear those heart breaking news about your grandmom, even though we know that our grandparents are old it’s always so hard to accept that they are really sick and that they most likely won’t get better. I had the same story with my granddad, a week after my birthday, but I was 16. xx


  2. Your planner is so pretty!😍 and I’m so happy you are getting better in terms of your emotional health( I read the other post but forgot to comment). And that picture where you said you look like ‘ hulk’ was funny!😂
    Keep involving in activities that will not let you feel the pain of depression just like you are doing now. And you’ll be over it soon. Lots of Love.❤️


  3. Cheila, I’m so sorry about your grandmother. It is terrible to see the ones we love when they have degenerative conditions like dementia or alzheimers. Ugh. But like you said, she does not see it, so that is a blessing. And on a side note, your planner is crazy, lady! You are so amazingly organized 🙂


  4. Ooh, I really like this week in the life posts. It’s cool to get snippets of what you’ve been doing this past week! I’m loving the selfies btw, you barely used to post them, and now we get them in lots of posts (and Insta!) 😀
    Your planner is crazy full and organized! I’ve never had a personal life planner, as I don’t really schedule what I do, beyond go to work and come home. I’d love to see a post more about how you organize it 😀


  5. I’m so sorry to hear about your grandmother it’s so hard to watch someone struggle with an illness and be able to do nothing about it. On a lighter note I love your spring flower pics 😊 xx


  6. Thank you for sharing, Cheila. I’m very sorry to hear about your grandmother. As for your planner, girl, I’m totally up for a post on how you organize your planner.


  7. What a fun post! The Indian food and that drink look yummy! I love love love your curly hair! It’s so pretty and so are the photos of the beach!! 😍
    Your planner is super packed and organized! Wow! I always try to start a planner & then I forget to write in it. 😛

    Liked by 1 person

  8. Im so sorry about your grandmother. Its so hard for the family to see a loved one lose all concept of life around them. My father died a few years ago now. He had Alzheimer’s disease. The last year was especially hard. My nana our word for grandmother died a long time ago. She had dementia. as a child we used to visit her at her home. where my mother grew up. Put the kettle on and mum would find eggs in it. so many many things..as a child I thought it was funny but my poor mum was so sad. much love to you xx


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s