Happy Friday everyone,
I’ve never been happier too see the end of the week. I’ve had the shittiest week and I can’t wait for it to be over (still need to work 4.30 hours). I have some freelance writing work to do over the weekend but I don’t even mind because I can do it at home, alone, quiet and comfortable, wearing pajamas.
Because I had this huge family crisis on Monday, which turned out to be solved by Rui on Tuesday (as I’ve said, that guy could have stopped both world wars), the rest of my days were affected by that bad start. I didn’t go to the pool at all, not even once. I barely ate or ate too much, depending on the meal, I didn’t drink as much water, I didn’t walk, didn’t worry about my step count, taking care of my skin or anything else, for that matter. It was a “barely surviving week” and I’m so done with it. My energy levels were extremely low, my sleep was not good and my body ached all over. I was not patient with the kids at work. I ate a whole chocolate yesterday before dinner.
I should say that not everything is bad and that that huge issue that broke my heart and made me cry for 24 hours straight is now over and done with.
I had dinner with my friends yesterday and it was nice. I was finally brave enough to meet their big dogs (after 3 years) and they’re just huge pups looking for belly rubs. Their paws go up to my shoulders so I got a few stolen kisses while standing up which was pretty funny. They’re not scary at all, I feel so silly.
My pregnant friend is now showing! I’m just so happy. She took most of the clothes I got for her, which makes me happy to help. She’ll be able to wear it for a few months. Pretty great to have a friend who wears a bigger size and likes, flowy, empire waist, tops, tunics and dresses, right? A few leggings and she’s fine.
My brother-in-law is staying with us for a few days and not sleeping on the couch. We’re finally using our tiny guest bedroom. Still sleeping in a foldable guest bed but it’s better than nothing, I guess.
As for the weekend,
I would like to:
(I say I’d like to because I’m feeling very lazy and not expecting much)
- Clean our bedroom/my office
- Clean our living room/Rui’s office
- Clean the kitchen
- Decide where to store a few things. The house is small, the bedroom, living room and kitchen are big, but it seems like we have nowhere to store random things, even thought we have and outside storage and garage. I also think we have too much stuff. I’ve been getting rid of so much and being pretty strict about it (donating, giving a few things to my mother and trashing a bunch, which includes burning old collage notes), but I think I might need to go for a second round. I know I’m losing weight but why keep a pair of 10€ jeans that I’ll fit in again in about 3 months when I can buy a new pair for 10€ in 3 months and reward myself for losing weight? I am keeping things I might use when I’m pregnant one day. My friend had them now and the idea is for them to get passed around all of us, but that’s just because pregnancy clothes are expensive and only last for so long.
- I need to clean the bathroom which I feel like I’m always doing.
- Put away some laundry and do another load or two.
- Pay for my Kindle Unlimited subscription and go back to reading again. January was not a good reading month.
- Take care of some receipts.
- Do some self-care.
- Watch some of the Oscar nominated movies. So far I’ve watched Get Out, Dunkirk and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri. We want to watch The Post and Lady Bird.
- Cook something.
- Go grocery shopping.
- Get ready for the week, I really want to make up for this one.
Do you wanna share your weekend plans?