Have you answered all of my questions? I might have something for you!! If you haven’t, you still have time. Here they are again:
1. WHAT IS YOUR DREAM JOB? ARE YOU DOING IT? IF NOT, WHY?
HOW DID YOU GET YOUR NAME? ARE YOU NAMED AFTER SOMEONE SPECIAL? WHAT WAS THE OTHER OPTION(S)? WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE BEEN CALLED IF YOU WERE THE OPPOSITE GENDER?
DO YOU REMEMBER YOU FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL? WHAT WAS IT LIKE? SHARE YOUR MEMORIES WITH US.
WHERE ARE YOU RIGHT THIS SECOND? WHERE WOULD YOU RATHER BE? WHY?
WHAT IS THE SCARIEST OR WEIRDEST THING THAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOU, AND THAT YOU HAVE NO EXPLANATION FOR?
WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING STORY? WHAT WAS THE MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT OF YOUR LIFE?
WHAT ARE YOU CRAVING RIGHT NOW?
WHAT’S THE FUNNIEST THING A CHILD EVER SAID TO YOU?
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU FELL IN PUBLIC?
- Well, I want to do several things, actually, but my biggest dream is to be a doctor. I’m obviously not doing it. I like to teach but I would like to be a college professor, that’s the kind of teaching I dream of doing. I would also like to write books, which I am doing but as a ghost writer, so it doesn’t even count,
- There was a very popular magazine that I think it still exists. They had this page where you could show off your baby so there were many baby pictures, their names and how old they were (usually under 12 months). My mother saw this baby and her name was Cheila Belinda. She loved it and thought it would be an awesome name for her baby girl. My father wanted to call me Vera Lucia but my mother obviously won.
#Fun Fact One: I have looked her up (Cheila Belinda nº 1) and she is… a doctor.
#Fun Fact Two: A few years ago I was at a small grocery shop with my grandmother and there was this pregnant lady. I was about 5 or 6 and the lady asked my grandmother: “She’s so beautiful, what’s her name” and my grandmother answered my name was Cheila. She liked it so much she said she would name her baby after me, and she did.
3. I remember my first day of school. I remember feeling so shy and out-of-place. I just wanted to go home. At lunch time, one of the ladies that worked in the cafeteria forced me to finish all of my rice. I had never been forced to eat so much and I really didn’t want to eat it, so I started to cry. I cannot remember but I think she made me eat the rice anyway. Oh, the 1990’s.
4. I’m sitting at my dinner table, writing this post and doing some online work. I have to go to work at 5 and I’m trying to get as much done as I can before that. I’m doing laundry but my machine is not cooperating so I have to wash every load twice, which slows me down. I would rather be taking a nap or watching a movie.
5. The scariest, I would say the car accident I had last December. I had gone to dinner with my friends and one of them was driving me home. She thought she had made a mistake and she turned really fast so she would remain in the highway. She lost control of the car and we crashed into the concrete blocks that divide the highway. She was going fast as it was a highway so we hit it pretty hard. I can still remember the feeling of the impact.
My first thought was checking if I was alive. I bumped my head on the back of the seat really hard and she cut her hand because the window on the driver’s side broke. We both went to the hospital by ambulance. She needed stitches and I just took some IV medicine. I had a couple of x-rays and they checked my neck and head. I was fine. On the next day I woke up with big bruises everywhere. Arms, legs, hips, back and for a week I had to be in bed because I couldn’t move properly. Do you know the feeling when you push yourself way too hard while exercising? I felt like that for a week.
We were really lucky because there were no cars behind us at the moment. It could have been much worse. It was very scary anyway because the car ended up in the fastest lane and the 911 lady keep telling me “You need to get away from there. A car may come fast and hit you. People sometimes die from that after an accident”. As if I wasn’t nervous already. My friend was having some sort of panic attack because she had had an accident while I was in the car and she was feeling guilty and apologizing. She was also scared from the accident, obviously.
There was blood everywhere and I tied my scarf to her arm, hoping it would stop the bleed. I had to call 911 and get out of the car to place a triangle (do you use this in your country?) 100 meter behind the car, so people could see there was an accident and not crash into us. I couldn’t figure out how to open the triangle and was starting to panic a little. Then I opened it and placed it on the spot, always afraid that a car would come. I was shaking really bad. I asked people for help (the passing cars) and not a single person stopped. Finally, one of those men that managed the highway and road came (I can’t remember if he was just passing, if he saw us on a traffic camera or if the 911 lady call for him). Thank God he came because I was unable to give instructions to where we actually were. Then the ambulances came (like 3 of them) and we went to the hospital. The rest you know already.
6. I can’t remember a specific one but I remember two that were kind of awkward. My friend and I were at the gym and I asked a random guy for help with the treadmill because his shirt was the same color of the one the staff was wearing so I thought he worked there.
Oh, when I was in high school, our school was under construction so we were having classes in some sort of container units. They all looked pretty much the same. One day I asked the teacher if I could go to the bathroom. When I came back, I open the door and got into the room and closed the door. The moment I turned around I looked at the class and everyone stood silent. I realized “Shit, this is not my class” and was so embarrassed that I just opened the door and run away without saying a word. I could hear the whole class laughing behind me.
7. I’m craving the pizza that is sitting in my fridge and that I will devour for lunch.
8. Well, I’ve been teaching and tutoring for years so I have endless stories. I was also a nanny for a while so I must have gotten a few good ones as well.
The last one was yesterday. I have a student who loves anime. She asked me to follow her anime dedicated Instagram account and I said I would, if she promised not to follow me back. So I did.
Yesterday I got to work and one of my students looks at me and says:
- Teacher, you have had red hair!!
- How do you know that?
- I don’t know.
- Come on, tell me.
- I won’t get mad. Don’t lie to me.
- I looked at your blog.
- No, you didn’t.
- Okay, Joana told me.
She didn’t follow me but she made sure to snoop around. Sneaky creatures.
9. I used to fall in public a lot. I’ve been lucky because it hasn’t happened in a while. My list of favorite places to fall have been: Mall, subway station, another subway station, street near the subway station.
Subway station I fell up the stair. Nope, you read that correctly. Up the stairs. I got to the last step and I tripped and fell forward, onto the floor. I had about 50 people behind me, coming up the stairs. They all had the pleasure of seeing me with my butt up.
Street near subway station was the last one, about 2 years ago. I was wearing heels, I tripped and I fell on my knees. I’m so graceful, aren’t I?
Well, this is it from me. Your turn.
13 thoughts on “Question of the day #10 “Have you answer all of my questions? – There might be a a few surprises for those who do it!” + My answers”
I have now
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much!! I loved that you went back and answered them 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Amazing that alter ego Cheila Belinda is a doctor. What are you ghost writing? It sounds like it counts?
In U.K. no triangles.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I write articles for blogs and websites and currently an e-book. So what do you use to warn other cars that there’s an accident ahead?
What is e-book about? On car you can turn hazard lights on which flask. Know if drive in France law to carry triangle; or does make sense. Also think in France first aid kit compulsory which really makes sense!
It’s actually a cookbook. Desserts and candy you can Make using cannabis. For people who use it for medical or recreational purposes. It can be a controversial subject but I have an open mind and it’s work 😊
Are you inventing the recipes yourself?
LikeLiked by 1 person
Not at all because I would have to try them and I don’t do drugs at all. I have chosen a few online as guides
LikeLiked by 1 person
Firstly, I want to tell you how great an idea I think this was! Im just sad I didn’t find it last week. But thats okay, I loved the questions so much I have answered them all 🙂
wrt your answers, its amazing to see such coincidences, Cheila Belinda being a doctor! The accident sounded scary, glad you were conscious to do all that.
I have answered some but will try and answer the others here.
1 dream job – I wanted to be an architect when at high school but my teachers told me that as my maths was basic that I couldn’t. Now I am on disability pension. Did I ever have a dream job no not really – for a time I worked and owned a cafe/restaurant and I loved that.
2 My birth name is Berice Delwyn Adams….my mother named me after a service station called Beros Bros….true story…somehow she played around with the spelling. It turns out the name is Italian – Berice – my middle name is after my godmother Delys Olwyn – after my name appeared in the birth notices several babies were named after me…
3 answered that one on the question
4 answered that one on the question
5 I often good or bad feel the presence of spirits….we had one in our house a few years ago, one in our restaurant – a customer actually saw this spirit as well…she even named him….and house just a few years ago we had this nasty one…but I have learnt to deal with them now…
6 – answered that one on the question
7. that would be chocolate….
8. probably “your fat” I was pregnant at the time
9. probably when I was getting on the bus at Dubai airport and I had already done my knee and fell onto the floor of the bus writhing in pain…..
I have! I may not have had actual answers to them, but I still submitted my comment on each post (: what a fun run through! Enjoyed your answers as well xoxo
I just went back and commented on all of them, haha! (As you saw from your notifications.) I had fun doing it. 🙂 Loved reading your answers to the questions, as well. I’m so sorry about that car accident! How frightening. I have been in two minor car accidents, neither of which caused anyone or either cars injury, but the whole situations involved were pretty scary.
LikeLiked by 1 person