Good afternoon everyone,
Today I bring you the 4th and final list of my after vacation tasks.
The final list is related to house cleaning and organization. There are some tasks I perform every Summer after our vacation, so this year won’t be exception. For me, being a student most of my life and a teacher for a good number of years, September feels like the beginning of the year. It’s a fresh start, after resting and fun.
This year, things will be different as I will actually be facing a new beginning, as I’m going back to work after being home since March.
It’s also exciting because it’s almost Fall and my favorite time of the year, which is the last 4 months. There’s just so many things to look forward to: The beginning of the school year, Fall and Winter, Rui’s birthday, my birthday, my sister’s birthday, Rui’s brother’s birthday, Christmas and New Year’s.
MY TO-DO LIST – FROM AUGUST 16TH TO AUGUST 31ST:
House Cleaning and Organization
(Based on my cleaning challenge)
- Clean kitchen appliances (microwave, fridge, freezer, oven, stove top, coffee machines, dishwasher, washing machine, iron), including behind and under;
- Deep clean surfaces in the bathroom – scrub bathtub, wash shower curtain, etc.
- Disinfect toilet, taps, rearrange bathroom shelves;
- Organize and deep clean office;
- Clean windows inside and outside;
- Clean and dust details – mirrors, pictures, knickknacks, door knobs, outlets, light switches;
- Clean medicine cabinet – throw away everything empty or expired, make a list to buy what’s needed;
- Organize closets, drawers, throw away everything that is not needed and in no condition to be sold or donated;
- Clean behind and under furniture;
- Wash sofa and seat covers, cushions, curtains, bedroom rug, pillows, mattress cover
- Clean and organize “pantry” – wipe down, throw away expired things, organize, make a list to stock up on things (food storage);
- Clean the kitchen sink and under the sink – get rid of empty bottles, etc.
- Clean TV and other electronic devices;
- Clean your vacuum cleaner;
- Clean doors and door frames, especially your front entry;
- Clean or patio, take out all trash;
- Dust ceiling lamps and cobweb the house;
- Empty all trash cans and clean them
- Sweep and de-clutter the outside storage unit;
- Clean inside kitchen cabinets and drawers;
- Get rid of old Tupperware containers;
- Organize papers;
I’m probably forgetting a bunch of things. If I come up with enough forgotten items I’ll do an “extras” list. This is a regular deep clean for me, which happens at least twice a year and occasionally, if I notice something needs to be cleaned.
What about you? Are you taking care of some Summer deep cleaning or organization tasks? I would love to know.
(School and Work)
(Personal and Health)
(Blog, Social Media and Online Work)
Thank you so much for reading. ❤