First of all, I would like to tell you that I won’t be blogging for a few days. I might take the weekend, plus Monday off. Why? Because I need to keep up with your posts and answer comments and do a little planning in advance. I want to be up to date on things and organized, to lower my stress levels. I’ll be taking breaks whenever I need them, I’ve realized I sometimes need them.
Since we’re talking about blogging, let me share my blog goals for July and some changes that are going to happen.
There won’t be Guest Post Sunday any day of this month. I’ve decided to do a small (15 minute) video for each Saturday and Sunday (after this weekend) where I’ll talk about different aspects of my mental illness. The schedule will be the following:
July 8, 2017 – “When did it all start”
July 9, 2017 – “The moment I realized I needed help”
July 16, 2017 – “First diagnosis and treatment”
July 17, 2017 – “From doctor to doctor”
July 23, 2017 – “Medication”
July 24, 2017 – “What do depression and anxiety feel like”
July 30, 2017 – “Relapses and acceptance”
July 31, 2017 – “Bipolar Type 2 – misconceptions”
What else do you need to know about schedule?
- I’ll keep doing my Thursday Meal Plan and Recipe Share (that I’ve been slacking) and probably add our grocery hauls, and talk about how we try to spend the least possible amount on food but still be healthy.
- I’ll keep my Health for days journey + update every single day.
- I’ll do all of the awards and tags that I’m nominated for, I’ve organized them to be posted on Saturdays and Sundays.
- I’ll do What’s Up Wednesday on Wednesdays (obviously)
- I’ll probably continue to post 2 or 3 times a day. I’m sorry, but that’s what I like to do. I have the time, I have the passion. I’m sorry if that’s too much for you and I understand if you can’t read my posts because of time or because they’re boring and too many.
What are my goals for my blog/social media?
- I would like to get to 16,000 views.
- I also like to get to get to 1,600 followers. I’m at 1,402, at the moment.
- I won’t make plans for Facebook because I don’t actually know how to increase my views, number of friends (I’m not the type of person who goes and follows someone to get followed back, ever) and page likes.
- 300 followers on Instagram would be nice. I’m currently at 272. (I would also be nice if people stopped following and then unfollowing, it happens every day and it makes me really pissed)
- I would like to get to 250 twitter followers. Currently at 189.
- I would like to increase my Blogloving numbers, now at 58. I have no idea how to increase followers on social media, simply because, as I have said, I don’t follow anyone expecting a follow back.
- I’m at 134 followers on Pinterest. I’d be happy to get to 150. I’ve been slacking on Pinterest, which is sad, because I love it so much. Let the pining begin.
- I want to keep adding my own photos to posts and to get better at it.
- It would be nice to post (each day) twice on Instagram, Twice on Twitter, Once on Facebook.
- I want to make more blogger friends and meet new people.
- I want to help newer bloggers.
- I’m starting to consider and research on self-hosted, but I won’t do it before I reach, at least, 2000 followers. I feel like there’s a right time for everything and this would be the right time for me. I need a solid audience and it doesn’t make sense to me to go self-hosted before a certain number.
My Personal Goals:
As you know, as much as I might fail, I’m a goal maker. I’m a list lover. I’m a planner. I need something to focus on and to look forward to. I’ll keep making goals every single month and every single day, because that’s just who I am.
- 2 l of water every single day. Be very careful not to forget to drink it on weekends.
- A daily walk of at least 30 minutes.
- My daily 20 minutes of yoga (It feels amazing).
- My 5 portions of fruits and veggies.
- Eat my seeds every single day.
- Take my pills on time: that would be 10 a.m, 8 a.m, 10 p.m.
- Have my meals and snacks on time: 10 a.m, 1 p.m, 4 p.m, 7 p.m, 10 p.m.
- Cut dairy, except a tiny bit of milk for my oatmeal and plain Greek yogurt.
- Cut carbs. No carbs for dinner. Only for breakfast and lunch. Small amount.
- Actually lose weight. I’d be happy with 4 kg to keep it healthy. Because I’m way too heavy for my height weight and structure, I might be able to lose more than that. I gain fast but lose fast also.
- Sleep no more than 9 hours.
- Take care of my skin, hair and nails.
- Spend time outside every day.
Entertainment and relaxation goals:
- Read at least 30 minutes a day.
- Listen to music at least 30 minutes a day.
- Do some gardening every day.
- Crochet for at least 15 minutes a day.
- Color for at least 30 minutes a day.
- Call and see people more often.
- Read blogs.
- Watch YouTube videos.
- Play with Rosa outside.
Challenge one: Do my cleaning challenge:
Day 1: Clean surfaces in your living room and kitchen
Day 2: Clean kitchen appliances (microwave, fridge, oven, etc.)
Day 3: Clean surfaces in the bathroom – scrub bathtub, wash shower curtain, etc.
Day 4: Disinfect toilet, taps, rearrange bathroom cabinet
Day 5: Clean other rooms – laundry room, home office, guest bedroom, etc.
Day 6: Clean windows inside and outside
Day 7: Vacuum and mop all floors
Day 8: Clean and dust details – mirrors, skirting boards, pictures, knickknacks
Day 9: Clean medicine cabinet – throw away everything empty or expired, make a list to refill
Day 10: Organize closets, drawers, throw away everything unnecessary
Day 11: Clean behind and under furniture and kitchen appliances
Day 12: Wash sofa and seat covers, cushions, curtains
Day 13: Clean walls, fixtures, light switches, etc.
Day 14: Clean and organize pantry – wipe down, throw away expired things, organize, make a list to stock up on things
Day 15: Clean the kitchen sink and under the sink – get rid of empty bottles, etc.
Day 16: Vacuum and deodorize carpeting and upholstery
Day 17: Clean TV and other electronic devices
Day 18: Wipe down bookshelves
Day 19: Clean dryer and washing machine
Day 20: Clean your vacuum cleaner
Day 21: Clean closet and get rid of unwanted clothes, organize and make room for new ones
Day 22: Organize and clean your kid’s room
Day 23: Clean doors and door frames, especially your front entry
Day 24: Clean porch or patio, take out all trash
Day 25: Dust ceiling lamps and cobweb the house
Day 26: Empty all trash cans and clean them
Day 27: Dust and wipe clean vents
Day 28: Wash bed linen and clean the mattresses
Day 29: Sweep and de-clutter the garage
Day 30: Clean your home office (if you have one) or your car
Challenge two: Watch one movie a day in July.
Day 1: The Godfather
Day 2: The Godfather: Part II
Day 3: Casablanca Day 4: Memento
Day 5: Sunset Boulevard
Day 6: Requiem for a Dream
Day 7: Before Sunrise
Day 8: Lion
Day 9: Les Miserables
Day 10: Babel
Day 11: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Day 12: Munich
Day 13: The Aviator
Day 14: Pulp Fiction
Day 15: Suicide Squad
Day 16: Inception
Day 17: It
Day 18: It’s a Wonderful Life
Day 19: Selma
Day 20: Apocalypse Now
Day 21: Cinema Paradiso
Day 22: To Kill a Mockingbird
Day 23: Rebecca
Day 24: Winter’s Bone
Day 25: Hotel Ruanda
Day 26: Mystic River
Day 27: Chicago
Day 28: Beauty and the Beast
Day 29: The Zookeeper’s Wife
Day 30: The Shack
(I haven’t watched any of these movies)
Thank you so much for reading. I would love to know your plans for July.
❤ ❤ ❤