- I’ve lost a little weight. Not much, just about 2 kg. Being sick does that to you.
- It’s been extremely windy here for so many days. It’s annoying because I want to do some gardening and the wind is very uncomfortable and it doesn’t help at all. I try to water the garden and get soaked, my poor plants just bounce away and I don’t feel like being outside at all.
- The fact that I’ve been sick has left our house in such a state. I mean, there isn’t a clean room in the whole house. There are so many dishes, laundry, I need some groceries, there’s dog hair everywhere, I haven’t changed my bed sheets in over 2 weeks, Rosa needs a bath, I need a shower… I mean, nothing is taken care of. I was about to cook dinner yesterday and then I realized I couldn’t be up. I was too sick to stand up so I had to lay down, put everything back in the fridge and send Rui to pick up some roast chicken and plain rice, so we could eat something and so that I could keep something in my stomach. I just called to set up a doctor’s appointment but since I have no doctor, I should have called before 4 p.m. Okay, then. I’ll call tomorrow. It’ll probably take me a month or two to get a random doctor to see me, then he’ll refer me for an endoscopy which will probably take a month or two to be scheduled. And you guys ask me why don’t I just go to the doctor lol
- My mother just got a brand new kitten. She’s so beautiful. A blue-eyed, two-month-old little thing called Daisy. Get it? Gatsby and Daisy? I named the first one and suggested the second. I have kitten fever, I wish I could have one.
- Is should be ashamed of myself because so many of my pen pals have sent letters and postcards and I have yet to answer a single one. I was the one who started it. Shame on you, girl, shame on you.
- It’s funny how people in general just use your ideas and present them as their own. It has been happening so much for the past few months. I get very pissed about it. You work hard for something and then some bright soul decide that they should be doing it too. What the fuck?
- I should have started to study by now, but I haven’t. I have all of my notes organized, though. I just need to get a few books from the library. I took a picture of all of the things I have to study (not all but about 3/4) so you could lose your mind and think “there’s no way you’re going to be finished by July 7”, which is probably true. I haven’t lost hope though lol
- I’ve been having the craziest dreams. Not nightmares, just the craziest, most farfetched dreams. Such trips, you have no idea. If I would bother to write them down I would have about 10 novels and 300 short stories. Would they be any good? Probably not.
- I hated my home office when we first moved. When I first saw the house, the lady who lived here had some sort of sanctuary going on in this room. A table full of sculptures of saints, I don’t know, just so many religious objects. I am sort of catholic but I hate such things because they creep me out. I don’t like crosses or rosaries or saints or any of those things hanging around my house. I can come up with two different reasons for that: 1) My grandmother forced us to have a bunch of those things in our rooms when I was little I was scared of the little figurines and didn’t thing they belonged in kids rooms. 2) Those are the first things they mess with in horror movies. If there’s an exorcism, you bet the demon or whatever will break/bend/destroy/explode how many crosses he can find. Rui and I share a great fear of being in an empty catholic church at night. We both talk about how that would be the scariest scenario ever. Anyway, whatever she had going on here, freaked me out. Apart from that, the room was super small, weirdly shaped with a descending ceiling and only a ceiling window. From the start, I told Rui he could have it as his man cave. Then we moved and I decided I definitely needed the space, for my desk and for storage. He was pissed but he understood. Then we did our remodel and this has become such a nice space for me. I have my bookshelves and my “working” materials, which means school and office supplies, my plants and good lighting. I spend so much time here now. I do feel claustrophobic sometimes but that’s because I’m too short to open the window AND the last time I tried, a small lizard fell down from the outside (almost on top of me).
- I have so many pens and pencils. I have a really hard time choosing what to write with. This might be my biggest first world problem.
- I moved out of home 2 and a half years ago which means I’ve had my own home for a long time and have only now started to separate our trash to recycle. Rui says his family plants a lot of trees every year so we’re probably forgiven. I say where the scum of humanity. Are you environmentally conscious?
- I’ve been… not so happy about blogging. Sometimes I ask myself what is the goal of all this work. I confess I have thought about closing the blog and being free from all of it. It does take a lot of work, a lot of effort and so much time. I get tired, sometimes.
In what ways do you help the environment?
Can you keep your house clean and organized?
How’s the weather where you are?