Are you having a nice morning/afternoon/evening?
I had a good day.
- I reached 900 followers!!
- I spend the whole afternoon talking to an old friend, one of my best friends through Facebook messenger, just catching up. I am really happy about it. We hadn’t talked since 2014!! But I never forget about people, so I’m happy we talked;
- I also “spoke” to my best friend Ricardo through Facebook messenger for a couple of hours. We keep in touch but not as much as I would like, so it was nice, as always.
- I changed my personal Facebook profile picture and got a few compliments, always good for the ego.
- People are happy that I decided to share my blog on my personal Facebook and a few friends have congratulated me.
- It’s 11.05 p.m and I have already got 500 views. It has been a good day for views. 243 people have visited my blog today, so far.
Let’s see what I managed to accomplish from my to-do list:
- Stay out of trouble (There’s a bottle of coke in the fridge) and stay true to my health journey! – I drank a small glass of coke; There’s no hope for me.
- Drink at least 1,5 l of water; – I didn’t pay attention, need to be better tomorrow. But I might have been close. I am drinking berry tea with lemon right now;
- Drink less coffee and milk (I need to work on this in general); – Nope. Two cups of coffee with milk today!! I mean, it’s more milk and coffee (instant coffee powder), so more milk. It’s skimmed and lactose-free, but still;
- Wash the dishes and make the kitchen spotless; – I did wash a bunch of dishes, but didn’t clean the kitchen. I have a new bunch of dishes from dinner, I’m a messy cook, everyone says so;
- Do a ton of laundry!! (This task never ends); – It wasn’t that much after all, I must have been dreaming about laundry. I have a bunch to fold and that IS a nightmare!
- Come up with a final draft for my daily schedule; – Done, will show it to you now;
- Change our bed; – Will do this in 5 minutes before bed;
- Open the windows; – Done. Several windows and the door have been open all day;
- Stalk the mailman until he brings me a book I’m waiting for and a postcard from my dearest friend Dippy-Dotty Girl. – Didn’t have to stalk the guy, the postcard came!!!
- Stop Rosa from eating the mailman; – He’s alive, but she barked like she was going to eat him, helmet, bike and all;
- Keep up with my blog reading!! – Will do so now, until I go to bed;
- Make a list of all the Awards I need to write and post; – Absolutely forgot. Tomorrow it is;
- Call mother and sister; – They both called me. My sister actually called me twice. And my mother has just teased me on Facebook messenger saying I must have nothing to do because I was online all day;
- Make something delicious for dinner. Mr. R might kill me but I’m thinking of a vegetarian dinner. I might make him some steak on the side if he complains too much; – I made something delicious, but I have no appetite so only Rui had dinner; It was vegetarian either, as you will see;
My new schedule:
So, the intention is to organize my days, so I can have enough time for everything, especially study for my final exams in July. I only need to do 3 exams to finish my degree, but I’m doing extra courses so I can have an extra minor in History. I’m also doing German, to complete the A1 level. I will do 8 exams, in July. I have 2 months to get prepared which is more than enough, since most of these course I have done and failed (which means I know some of the materials but didn’t do well enough to pass) and the materials are easy.
I like to multitask, especially at mealtimes. I usually have breakfast or lunch or my afternoon snack while blogging or reading. Sometimes I watch shows or videos or listen to music while blogging or reading blogs.
I forgot to schedule the time for my afternoon snack, but it should be around 4 p.m. I won’t be having a morning snack, because I’m having a late breakfast between 9 a.m and 10 a.m and an early lunch, at noon.
I’m also trying to give my blog a little structure. Just a little, because I love it the way it is, all over the place, posting when I feel like doing it. I will keep posting every single day, my health for days journey. I decided that on Wednesdays, I will post all of my recipes for that week and meal plan for the following week, as well as a grocery balance. I thought it would be nice do a weekly recap/favorites on Saturday and to have a guest post on Sunday. Would you like to do a guest post for me? Email me 🙂
I have no exercise schedule for Saturday because I hope I can go swimming and I don’t have one for Sunday because it will be my rest day. We’ll have date night on Saturday, going out or staying home and doing pizza night or movie night. My cheat day will be Saturday or Sunday, I can only pick one. I have scheduled some time on Wednesday to watch some movie, there are a few movies that I want to watch that Rui is not interested in watching, such as old classics. I might blog about that movie, as I rarely do reviews.
My health for day journey posts will include the same as always:
- What I eat
- Water I drink
- To-do list for the day
- General news about my daily life
- Things I’m grateful for
Now, it’s time to share the recipe that I made for tonight’s dinner:
Ground beef and vegetables pasta
- 500 g of ground beef
- 200 g of frozen peas
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 500 g of whole wheat pasta
- Garlic powder, parsley powder, olive oil, salt and mixed peppers according to your taste
- Tomato pulp
- Cook the pasta in boiling water with salt and a drizzle of olive oil (so it doesn’t stick together). It takes about 10 minutes to be done. Once cooked, pour the water and set aside.
- Chop the onion and the red bell pepper and add them to a pan (I use a wok), adding the frozen peas. Drizzle of olive oil and let it “fry” while stirring;
- Add the ground beef, stirring until it gets lighter instead of red. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder and parsley powder;
- When the ground beef is almost cooked, add the tomato pulp and leave for 10 minutes in medium heat, stirring occasionally;
- Serve the ground beef and veggies with the pasta. I added a red cabbage, raw onion and cucumber salad on the side;
Hope you like it, guys!
See you tomorrow!!