Good evening everyone!!
How was your day?
My day ended up not being that lazy since I had to go grocery shopping and make dinner. Since I didn’t do anything else, I will share what I cooked for dinner with you guys!
We call it Russian Salad and I have asked a Russian student of mine if they make their salad like these (she probably though I was such a cliché, asking a Russian woman about a Russian salad) but anyway, she told that they do, indeed, make their salads in a similar way, with some variations.
Russian Salad: (my way)
- 4 medium potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 400 g of veggie mix (peppers, green beans, sweet corn, peas and carrots)
- 1 medium raw onion
- 400 g of beans (previously cooked, in a glass jar)
- 200 g of green olives (no lumps)
- 2 cans of tuna (preserved in water, not vegetable oil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and wash the potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
- Throw them in a pot with salty boiling water and let the boil.
- When they are becoming soft, throw in the veggie mix (they take just a few minutes to cook, while the potatoes finish cooking too)
- Once everything is cooked, you can take them out and use the hot water to boil the eggs. (with a few drops of vinegar so they won’t crack open)
- Cut a raw onion into small pieces and wash your previously cooked beans (I buy them in glass jars)
- Then you just have to mix everything together.
- In a bowl, put the potatoes and veggies, onion, beans, olives, tuna. Mix everything together.
- Use a drizzle of olive oil as dressing and serve hot or cold. (You can also use mayonnaise as dressing. It’s not as healthy but it is delicious).
The salad should look like this:
Does it look yummy? Tell me what you think about it. I can be vegetarian if you don’t use tuna and vegan if you don’t use tuna or eggs. It would be tasty anyway. And healthy, cheap and easy, which is my kind of recipe!! I hope you enjoy tonight’s dinner. Oh, by the way, for us, this is enough for about 4 meals (2 for 2 people). I can stretch it to 6. When we only have enough for about two meals, I add another onion, cucumber, tomatoes, sweet corn and maybe another can of tuna. So, in the end. I can make six+ meals out of this salad!!
It’s perfect! We both love it!!
Hope you like it too.
See you tomorrow, when I’ll be having amazing leftovers for lunch.
Love you all.