My dear friend Maggie, who blogs over at Dreaming of Guatemala has just created her own Award to celebrate her birthday, which was on Monday, the 10th. I’m so proud of her for taking this step and for being such a creative, beautiful, bright soul. She nominated me for her Award and I’m very late in doing it (I’m sorry, my darling) but it’s with great pleasure and happiness that I write this post. Maggie was one of the first people I “met” in this blogging world, and she has always been extremely supportive and a dedicated reader and friend! Please check her blog!! She writes about her faith and her love for the Lord, her family, her little weekly accomplishments, her Spanish learning journey on her own!) and she kills me with delicious and tempting desserts!! Now, without further ado, I’m happy to do The Awesome Blogger Award, created by Maggie! Thank you so much for thinking of me as one of your nominees, beautiful girl!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Include the reason behind the award.
- Include the banner in your post.
- Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
- Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated!
- What impact do you want to have on the world? – I would love to help as many people as I can, do good, just make people’s lives better and happier and the world a more gentle and peaceful place, full of love, where people actually think about each other. To be honest I have no idea how to do this, but I believe I can do my part and being an example of kindness and love.
- What is your vision for your blog in the next six months? (future posts, design, etc) – I would love to be able to keep doing what I’m doing, meeting new people, helping new bloggers, bringing this community together and make us all closer and happier. I just want to write and be active in the blogging world and to know people, support them and their blogs.
- Where is somewhere you would love to go? – I would love to go to The United States and visit each and every state. It’s extremely expensive, so I don’t think I will be doing that until I retire or win the lottery, preferably both haha!
- What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you? – My boyfriend/fiance/husband is working very hard right now, so I can be home and heal from my long-lived, severe depression. Not every man would do that. Also, I cannot forget that my mother raised us by herself, with great sacrifice and strength.
- If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be? – I would love to have been born in 1900 and to have lived 100 years, so I could experience the whole 20th century, my favorite!
- What is a skill you’d like to learn? Why? – I would love to know how to play the piano and to be trained to do CPR and first aid.
- What are you most grateful for? – My man, my family, my friends, my blog.
- If you had the opportunity to get a message across to a large group of people, what would your message be? – Please be nicer and loving to each other. We can all be successful, there is space for everyone. It’s much easier if we are there for each other. Please be kind and treat everyone better than you’d like to be treated. This goes for animals and the environment as well. Just be good!
- Which activities make you lose track of time? – Blogging, reading, binge watching TV shows.
- What is the difference between being alive and truly living? – To truly live, you must be surrounded by loving people and truly be present in the moment and in our world, for others and for yourself.
My nominees: (Some Awesome bloggers!!)
- What change would you like to see in the world?
- What is your cause?
- What would you like to know more about?
- Could you go a week without your phone?
- How often would you like to blog and what content would you like to offer if you had no limitations?
- What did you do on your last vacation?
- What is the greatest lesson you’ve ever learned?
- What is your best, healthiest habit?
- What is love, in your point of view?
- What do you think was the world’s worst invention? And the best?
A letter to Maggie:
Dear Maggie, what an amazing age 17 is. You’re no longer a girl, you’re an amazing young woman. Your parents have every reason to be proud of you. I have yet to meet someone with such strong faith and so devoted to her brothers and sister. You’re a blessing to your family, and your mom is so lucky to have you as her daughter and helper. You’re such a mature girl and you hold very good values. I know that you will be an amazing woman and that you will do great things with your life. I can’t wait to see where you’re headed and to follow you closely, while you start your transition from a beautiful girl to an awesome woman. I hope your journey is always full of love and filled with joy. I hope life is good to you, because you deserve it! Please keep being happy and creative and kind! The world is lucky to have you! Happy birthday, my dear. I’m sorry I’m so late.
A huge hug!!