Today is the last day of March, which was a very different month for me. I though I’d do a post, thinking back of all the things that happened this month.
In March I:
- Decided I would finally do something about my depression, shut down my business not knowing for how long, decided that I would stay home and just take care of myself, until I get better. This was one of the best decisions I have made in the last few years, as the stress of work and running a business was not giving me the space to heal;
- Fell more and more in love with blogging, Got to 100 posts, celebrated getting 600 followers, had 11,850 views, 2,671 visitors, 5,205 likes, and 2,724 comments. This is huge for me because, two months ago, when I started this blog, I never thought someone would read it. I was wrong and I am now part of an amazing community;
- I met incredible people, made great friends, with some I even exchange emails now and will start exchanging letters! (Is anyone else interested in that? I would love it. There’s nothing better than getting mail and letters are a beautiful form of communication);
- I became aware that my best friends care about me and worry about me and that I should let them in, rely on them for support and be better at communication;
- I discovered that I can eat well. I fell in love with oatmeal and seeds and cooking healthy. I no longer have my cereal addiction. I eat my fruits and veggies and cut sugar.
- I discovered that I can exercise. I discovered beginners cardio and yoga and fell in love. I know now that I can be someone who works out and likes it.
- I started to feel better, so much better. Better than I had in years. I still have my moments and I’m far from cured, but I don’t feel so sad it hurts every day.
- I started to read again, slowly but surely.
- I started to watch Breaking Bad, my love’s favorite show and I’m loving it;
- I watched a few movies!
- I had a doctor’s appointment where my doctor was happy about my evolution;
- I talked to my mom on the phone almost every day;
- I lost some weight (will only update you on day 20);
- My back and knees no longer hurt, because I’m no longer sitting all day!
- I spent so much time with Rosa, my lovely dog;
- We celebrated 4 years together!
- We celebrated father’s day, with my amazing stepdad!
In March, I’m grateful for:
- The amazing man who I have in my life, who takes care of me and will do anything to help me and to see me happy; I love him more with each day.
- My sweet mother-in-law, who often called me just to know how I was, if I was sleeping well, how my doctor’s appointment was, always there to hear me and to say she can relate and understand;
- My amazing family. My stepdad who is always asking my mother about me, always worried, always saying he misses me. My mother, who is fierce and made sure to tell me that she is there, that I can’t count on her for anything and that she wants to be more present. She even offered to pay for my swimming fee, which is so nice of her. And my supportive sister, who is so strong and so loving and who think that I’m awesome and sees something in me that I can’t;
- My best friends, who have been with me through thick and thin, for many many years;
- My cute little house;
- My lovely dog;
- Hot showers;
- Long hours in bed, just resting and sleeping well;
- Yummy, yet healthy foods;
- Being nice to myself;
- My online friends;
- My blog;
- The sun;
- Harry Potter;
- My simple, daily tasks, that keep me occupied and moving but never stressed out;
- My new, amazing stove;
- My old, not giving up, washing machine;
- Fresh flowers;
- The inspiration to write;
- Oatmeal, seeds, nuts, coconut milk, avocados (although I hate them), veggies, bananas, cinnamon, honey, salads;
In April, I would like to:
- Get out more, be in the sun, close to nature or in the city, explore new places, and take pictures;
- Drink more water. I have been trying but I’m not quite there yet. I need 1,5 l a day and I never get that, always a little less;
- Drink less milk. It’s fat-free and lactose-free but I’m having too much!
- Watch more movies;
- Read more and a little faster. I used to be a very fast reader. I mean, I still am, but I only read for about ten minutes a day, so the progress is slow; I would like to read for at least 30 minutes a day;
- Go back to swimming. I love it so, so much!!
- Take Rosa out on walks;
- See my family and friends more often (guys, please remind me)
- Spend quality time with Rui, pay more attention to him. Life gets in the way but I miss him;
- Wear Spring clothes;
- Keep losing weight;
- Working out more consistently. I have been doing it a few times a week, I would like to do it every day. 15 minutes of cardio, followed by 20 minutes of yoga. When I don’t do that, 45 minutes of swimming. I don’t want to force myself into doing too much, and I think this is light enough for me. But I need it. I’ve been sitting for long hours for many years and my back and knees and circulation suffered a lot. The warm weather is coming and I have really bad fluid retention issues. My feet and ankles and legs get extremely swollen and painful. I would love to be able to avoid that this year!
- Spend Easter with my in-laws and do a second Easter with my side of the family!
- Celebrate two of my best friend’s birthdays!
- Go to my therapist. I haven’t been there this month!
- Go to my psychiatrist’s appointment on the 20th;
- Do some Spring cleaning (Mr.R’s t-shirts, I’m coming for you);
- Just keep being in a good mood and feeling better!
In April, for my blog, I would like to:
- Meet more of my readers! I know some people are shy, but I would love to talk to you guys, get to know you better, become friends;
- Find new amazing blogs and make more friends!!
- Keep writing every day. My health for days journey will continue!
- Offer new content such as: More fun and interactive posts; Tips or informative posts, I know a few things I could share; House tour; Maybe some recipes; What I eat in a day; (I would love some new ideas. Would you like to suggest something? My comment section is always open for you!)
I hope March was good to you and that April turns out to be a super happy month!!
What are you thankful for in March? (Come on, give me 3 things)
What do you want to accomplish in April? (Come on, let’s make plans together and motivate each other. I might compile everyone’s 3 plans on a post and then see how we all did, would that be fun?)