Before I tell you about my plans for next week I’m doing the expected weekend recap, which I feel that I shouldn’t do because I never do anything that someone would consider interesting, unless your hobby is grocery shopping and and folding laundry. Anyway, I FINALLY watched La La Land and OH MY GOD! I absolutely loved it, cant’t stop singing and humming the songs and cried ugly tears while watching the end. Twice. I made (should I say forced? He doesn’t like musicals) my boyfriend to see it on the next day and cried like a baby again, while he looked at me like I had two heads. The movie is so so good. I dislike musicals because I usually feel like the singing and dancing make no sense and cut the story into pieces, but not with this one. I love the music and the dancing and the story and everything makes sense and looks beautiful and I just loved it. I’m sure it will wipe the Oscars clean. The quote “the worship every thing and value nothing” said by Sebastian keeps popping into my head because I feel that it makes sense about so many things. I’m really glad I watched it. It made my heart happy and then sad and the feelings were amazing. I also watched Arrival on Saturday afternoon and wasn’t expecting much because of the alien theme,, which is also not a part of my list of favorites, but I was so wrong. The movie is really good, with a great plot and unexpected ending. I totally recommend it if you haven’t seen it yet. I guess that’s what is worth sharing about my weekend.
First, let’s check last week’s to-do list:
- Put away all the laundry that I folded and iron a few things; – nope, not all of it.
- Find a new psychiatrist and therapist; – Just the first one, still looking for a new therapist.
- Sign up for a gym membership or at least decide what I want to go for; – Have decided, haven’t signed up.
- Find time to take my dog to get her vaccine; – no, hopefully this week.
- Meet my friend Rita for coffee; – didn’t happen.
- Answer emails asking about English lessons – done;
- Bake a cake that actually grows; – Baked the cake, did not grow but tasted really good.
As I’ve said on my last post, it was a really shitty week so I’m not surprised by the fact that I didn’t accomplish much. I will try harder this week. This are the tasks that I need to get done:
- Find a new therapist and schedule and appointment;
- Take my dog to get her vaccine;
- Prepare my schedule for the beginning of the semester, and deal with the changes;
- Prepare myself and my materials for the beginning of the semester, so I can go to my classes fully prepared;
- Reorganize my working schedule because, obviously I’m not able to keep going the way I am with 12 hour days and coming home finishing at 9.30 p.m;
- Schedule a doctor’s appointment for both of us (for March, because they are already full for the month of February, great healthcare service)
- Deal with the laundry, all of it; It has been out of control for a long time now.
- Miss 0 days of work; It doesn’t entirely depend on me but I will try really hard;
- Do a pantry challenge;
- Go te bed earlier than usual;
- Watch the rest of the nominees for best picture;
- Start reading! Anything.
- Get some organization done!