No, I did not make a mistake. I really meant to say SORRY instead of STORY! I feel that I need to apologize to the TV show because I was so mean and didn’t give it a chance and kept saying it was boring. It wasn’t, and I only realized that when there were only about 4 episodes left. It got so interesting with amazing twists and turns and the finale was wonderful. My back and fourth with this series is not new, though. Every season there have been moments when I’ve felt bored and that it was just dragging too much. I actually watched season 2 before season 1 and it still holds as my favorite. Season 1 and 3 were really good too, although I’m not interested in witchcraft at all, which is the theme of the third season. Both season 3 and 4 are far from what I consider horror, as I’m not scared of witches or clowns or freaks. We have started season 5 and so far, despite the fact that I’m not completely convinced yet, I would say that it is more like the kind of horror I like to watch. Dead kids running down a hall? That IS scary. A haunted old hotel? Definitely. I’m not so sure about Lady Gaga and the twilight shit she has going on in the series, though. Vampires? Also not my thing. Unless I’m seventeen and team Jacob and read all the books and watch all the movies. Which totally didn’t happen…. (I hope my best friends are reading this and having memories about how… mature… we were at that age. Not twilight fans at all…). Anyway, she (still talking about Lady Gaga) got a Golden Globe for it so who am I? Let’s watch now and have an opinion later.
- Eat healthy food – I have been sort of good lately, eating more fruits and vegetables than I usually do (I keep talking about the Brussels sprouts craving, don’t I?) and I would like to continue doing that. Yes, I do need to lose weight. But I’m not focused on that in particular. I know that I’ve gained it because I have been sick and because I’ve been making bad choices for many years but I’m at peace with the way I look. I will lose the weight eventually, because I want to and because I will work for it. But now, I’m more focused on taking care of myself in general (which I have been ignoring for many years) and that means putting good foods and nutrients into my body. Will I still eat my favorite cereal on Saturdays and Sundays? Yes, I will. Sorry. Can’t do it. In love.
- Get moving. Really, my back and knees are begging for some action. My body in general is screaming “please stop sitting on your ass for 12 hours straight”. I can’t stop doing it, because I need to work and I work long hours but I can fit some exercise into my schedule if I try really hard. My second semester (of university, not pregnancy, just clarifying. Fat but not pregnant.) is almost starting and time will be scarce but once again, I need to think about my health.
- Read 3 books. I can fit 3 books into a whole month if I want to. I used to read three books a week when I was a useless, jobless teenager. I’m a fast reader and I really miss it. I just hope that my memory cooperates. The last book I read was To Kill a Mockingbird and I can’t even remember who killed the damn bird. Just kidding, there are no birds in the story (Yes, I was surprised too).
- Read 10 short stories. I have about 100 short stories by great authors on my computer and I’ve never read them. I just send them to my students so they can read them and then I pretend that I know the story so we can discuss it. Joking. Maybe. Dear students, you will never know. Now being serious, I want to get back into the habit of reading and short stories are easy because they are… well… short so I can read one every day or when I have a little break.
- Listen to more music. I love music. I love singing. I just don’t remember that music even exists, to be honest. It started when I became depressed. I slowly stopped listening to music and singing and now I don’t even sing in the shower. I’m always lost in my thoughts I guess. Maybe that is one of the problems. This month I will abuse Spotify and listen to all the cheesy songs that I like.
- Spend time with my mother and sister. Just because I love them and miss them and my crazy life doesn’t allow me to see them as much as I would like too. We used to live in the same street and see each other all the time. If I was home I would just call my mom and invite her for lunch. Now I can’t do that and I miss it.
- Have my whole week planned ahead by Sunday afternoon. I mean my student’s schedules, clothes set for the whole week for both of us, meals cooked or at least planned and an organized home. No more being by the stove on Sunday at 11 p.m and having no clue what to wear when I get up in the morning. I will enlist the help of my beloved house mates Rui and Rosa, boyfriend and dog, to make this happen. Not sure how I’m going to make them helpful as my boyfriend doesn’t do much. Kidding. I know he’s reading this. Just teasing, babe. He’s Martha Stewart if I need him to be. And an amazing cook, by the way. The dog though, doesn’t cook or clean for shit.
- The most important one yet: Take care of myself, especially my mental health. Enough said.